• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The Whole Truth And Nothing But The Truth

There comes a time when I feel that I have to tell you how this site came to be, and it is pain full to go back over it some times...but here goes.  Bear with me on this.  Michael was engaged to be married and the young lady came into our family with a new old baby from a previous marriage.  This little boy was called Devin.  For seven years Michael helped raise this child who suffered with ADHD and was an extremely difficult case.  There was little romance in this relationship as it centered on a lot of medical problems.  In 2001, Deven lapsed into a sudden coma and he was flown down to Boise where he remained for 10 days on life support.  There was no hope of recovery and he was disconnected.  I would never want this to happen to anyone with a child.  It is very hard to go through and to cope with.  The pain never goes away!  More pain was added when the engagement was broken, because there was nothing left to hold on too.  We were still trying to recover when my husband was told he had cancer and had less then 7 months to live.  He wanted to die at home, so Michael and I did a hospice here and cared for Dad until he died in 2004.  We seemed to be spending a lot of time ushering others out of our life and it was ever so sad.  There were changes being made about truck during these years and it was Dad that encouraged us to make some of those changes.  Any way the funerals were over and we were returning back to our own lives.  About this time the phone was ringing and someone was asking Michael about a problem with a truck.  He was trying to answer the question and this led to a discussion between the two of us regarding using a camera and showing them how to repair it.  We gave it a try....and Mopar1973Man was born.  Michael had a talent and he wanted to share it and keep trucks running if everyone would pitch in and take over the expense to keep it going.  His help was free...but the internet isn't.  We could foresee the direction the economy was going and knew that repairs to your truck were going up.  This site came to be with pure love for our fellow man and an intense desire to help others.  If God gave us a talent...we are to share it!  That's why we are here.  Michael is the fire dept., search & rescue and any where he can assist any one, and you know that , so I ask you, "Would he destroy the very thing he worked so hard to creat?"  This site does not promote doom and gloom.  It promotes HOPE and HONESTY amongst its members.  Now that being said, can we please calm down regarding members being deleted or lost.  This was all part of a computer program and not intentional human error.  So be patient...we've been through a lot here.  This error was not to meant to offend anyone.  Computer systems can get pretty complex.  Stay together and  continue to help each other.    Love Moparmom

• Like 3

Wow, thats one heck of a reason to create this place!

Like I said in another post, there really is no good reason for someone to get all bent out of shape because of this little issue. It just goes to show, some people get way too offended for something trivial.

• Owner

You'd be surprised of some of the emails I got from people over this database error. Holy Cow! Some were very understanding and helpful notifying me there is a error with the email that was sent. Other members came off the wall upset thinking I booted from the site for not donating to the site. :duh::rolleyes:

Simply just a mistake was made in the database and I'm still working the bugs out and more.

• Like 1

You guys are doing a great job. Maybe id feel different if I was booted. But I doubt it. Nice to hear some of Mopar mom's and michaels human side. Prayers coming your way for continued growth and healing.

Big news. A group of us are starting a new church. We were at odds with the "old guard" at our past church in respect to direction we were headed. So about 50 of us have broken away. It's kind of like a divorce. People are mad at us or disappointed with us. The pastor left too. Well, the pastor leaving promoted the rest of us to follow him. He is a great shepherd! People at out old church were just in a different place in life. They wanted to be cared for and we want to save souls. Both are important, but when you or family is more important than God, Houston we have a problem. They also did not feel moved to properly take care of the pastor. He was there for 13 years without a raise. Started with just him and his newlywed wife. Now 13 years later he's got 6 kids. Basically starved him into resigning. We probably had the numbers to do a take over through voting, but that would have been even harder on the old folks than the split was.

So hardship comes in many forms. Really sorry to hear Mopar moms story. Tough situation.