• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anybody Running Dap Injectors?

Don't mix up factory HP ratings which are rated at the flywheel and everyone stating 30 hp gains are at the wheel on a chassis dyno. :wink: Average drivetrain loss is 10-15% from flywheel hp..

WF brings up a valid point. All the numbers I was using are just rated HP. HP at the rear wheels are gonna be different from truck to truck. The RV's is the only engine enhancement I am running currently and they are a nice improvement over stock. 

So the rvs are rated at the flywheel and where people are saying they would be a 30 Hp gain for my truck that would be at the rear wheel. I have not heard of people gaining 50 or 60hp with them. I was looking at some advertised 50 and 60 Hp injectors and when I started reading in the description they say that they are rv275s. Is that false advertising or are they doing something to the rvs to get the 50 or 60 Hp.

All the HP ratings I was speaking of are at the fly wheel of the engine. I suppose if you had an older 24v rated at 215 HP you could see a 60HP gain, don't know that for sure. I believe your 01 is rated at 235 HP, a net gain of 40 HP, again at the flywheel. Then deduct the 10% to 15% W&F mentions for drive train loss and you would have an approximate idea.

I THINK (not sure) DAPs are rated at the wheels and RV275s are rated at the crank.

rseabur, where in Ohio are you? I just moved to Findlay from Connecticut.

Here is a pic of my stock injectors with 202k miles on them vs. DAP 60s.

I believe they are stock bosch bodies, stock bosch nozzle extrude honed for more flow, and the internals are replaced with new only if they are worn.

post-1611-0-06386600-1398549377_thumb.jp

I THINK (not sure) DAPs are rated at the wheels and RV275s are rated at the crank.

rseabur, where in Ohio are you? I just moved to Findlay from Connecticut.

Here is a pic of my stock injectors with 202k miles on them vs. DAP 60s.

I believe they are stock bosch bodies, stock bosch nozzle extrude honed for more flow, and the internals are replaced with new only if they are worn.

2013-05-22 18.42.23.jpg

I am around the Springfield area which I believe is about an hour or so south of Findlay.

I was not talking about he bosch rv275 that DAP is selling. Sorry if any confusion. I think I am going to go bigger like a +50 or 60 and was looking at different websites an saw some companies advertising rv275s mainly as +50s and one site +60. Just thought it was odd. I don't want to pay more for a little bigger injector only to find out that it is just an rv275. Was leaning towards the DAPs but everytime I talk to someone over there they tell me to go with a different injector. I try to talk to Jacob but they wont let me talk to him. Talked to Eric at Vulcan and he said he had a 60-70 injector that thought would work and at a great price. Wasn't sure how smokey it would be while towing though. Didn't mention the +50s that molar is running. But then the wife is trying to get me to trade in for a duramax. Oh the decisions

Careful... an RV275 is not going to give you that much extra. Like stated, around 30-40. I would not go with an injector any higher rated than 75hp for your setup. I cannot speak for others, but like I said before, I went through DAP and will vouche for them. With your smarty, you can control how smokey it will be. Although, I had my injectors in before I got my comp and I could barely make any smoke! Like I said, it'd puff some when I got on it and then when the turbo lit, there would not be any smoke.

I think you may be over complicating it a little...

As well, does your wife know more about diesels than you to suggest the duramax? That, and I think injectors are a little cheaper than a new truck! :lol:

Careful... an RV275 is not going to give you that much extra. Like stated, around 30-40. I would not go with an injector any higher rated than 75hp for your setup. I cannot speak for others, but like I said before, I went through DAP and will vouche for them. With your smarty, you can control how smokey it will be. Although, I had my injectors in before I got my comp and I could barely make any smoke! Like I said, it'd puff some when I got on it and then when the turbo lit, there would not be any smoke.

I think you may be over complicating it a little...

As well, does your wife know more about diesels than you to suggest the duramax? That, and I think injectors are a little cheaper than a new truck! :lol:[/quot

I have the juice not a smarty. She doesn't know a lot but she saw a shiney one today with a small lift and was ready to trade. I think the rvs are out and some dap or Vulcan +60s we willbe ordered on Monday. I know I.am over complicating this but I only want to do this once. I want as big as I can go to tow my est 12000lb fifth wheel with my hx and not have to drive by guages. I think the 60s will do that. If not someone let me know before Monday please.

I have the juice not a smarty. She doesn't know a lot but she saw a shiney one today with a small lift and was ready to trade. I think the rvs are out and some dap or Vulcan +60s we willbe ordered on Monday. I know I.am over complicating this but I only want to do this once. I want as big as I can go to tow my est 12000lb fifth wheel with my hx and not have to drive by guages. I think the 60s will do that. If not someone let me know before Monday please.

Huh, I thought I read smarty, my bad. Stick to your guns on this. These cummins are going to become VERY desirable, soon. You may start having people beg you for it!

I think the injectors you pick in the 60hp range will be good. Unfortunately, I still think you are going to have to drive by your gauges. With 60 stick, the EDGE and the turbo, pulling that much weight, there is no way around it.

Granted, if you had a 5 or 6 speed and did not pull grades, then you could probably not have to worry. I drive mine with OD locked out and have my comp off and still have to drive by my gauges. I've been hesistant to use the comp when pulling as their manual says to not have it any higher than I think 2. I just don't chance it because I have such a new build on my transmission.

Also, I have an hy not an hx. But even still, I think they are still really close, performance wise. Atleast thats what I read.

:2cents:

With them, you are going to be able to get too hot, I guarantee it. Its just going to be in all how you drive it. Dont expect to goose the crap out of it and not think you will ever get too hot. Just drive it smart, and you'll be fine.

• Owner

So like I had +40HP RV275's then stepped up to +50HP Vulcan Performance injectors I had to quit running 5x5 (RV275's) and drop to 5x3 (+50HP) for +10HP gain. The +50HP injectors are way smokey from the RV275 which you could control rather well.

Still even towing I still leave the Edge Comp on level 5 and not turn it down the EGT's are very well in check even coming back over Whitebird Grade at 7%. Remember I'm still running 3" stock exhaust pipe.

With them, you are going to be able to get too hot, I guarantee it. Its just going to be in all how you drive it. Dont expect to goose the crap out of it and not think you will ever get too hot. Just drive it smart, and you'll be fine.

Yeah thats what I am afraid of. I can hit 1300 rather quickly with my stock injectors and the juice on 5x5. That is playing around at WOT. Dont know too many people that drive WOT all the time. So with your 75s they are managable towing? I am in ohio and we dont have they grades like out west. I know I can turn the juice down or off, but if I do that then there really is no point to even have it,  right?