• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I Want!

YabbaDoo

Like myself I love some of the bumper and grill guard ideas. But to this day I can't seem to do it for two reasons.

1. I really don't want to add more weight to the truck and heavy steel bummer is out and aluminium bumper won't be worth it if it can't guard a simple deer at lower speeds (attempt to stop). Front axle is already at 4,400 pounds and 5,200 is limit so considering the rough dirt roads and the extra weight pounding on the axle wouldn't help matters much.

2. The fact that it makes working the truck difficult climbing over the top of the grill guard. I like the ability of kneeing on the bumper and doing most all work. But I sure pay the price working on other trucks with grill guards and such usually take on my damage to my lower back and my knees.

That is the beauty of the ranch hand, It sticks out far enough that I can climb up on mine put my feet in between the radiator and the bumper and sit on the cross bar and work from there much easier than kneeling on the factory bumper. Plus the design of the ranch hand gives a nice tool and parts tray as well with the big platform it has behind the cross bar uprights.

If one wanted to run an aluminum bumper that holds up extremely well the Ute bumpers are built very strong but are really pricey as well, that tis what they run in Australia.

http://www.uteltd.com/pages/bullbar.htm

1500Hemi.jpg

That looks nice W&F that has to run over 2k easy.  I don't have problem working under hood.  I agree it is nice platform to work from and tool tray.  Now since I have onboard air, air horns are tempting.  That would be my deer whistle. :lol:

Those have been proven to be ineffective due to the fact they produce a constant sound. To get a deer's attention the sound needs to vary.

Well, 26 years of use and so far so good :) I think I posted before that I laughed at them first time I saw them then, 30 min later smacked a large mule deer just outside of Dillon, Montana that ate the front end of my 69 Buick Wildcat. Been on all my vehicles and over 1 million miles later they seem to still be working!!!