• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Main Bat Cable To Starter

Ok replaced  3 of the 4 battery cables on the truck. The 4th cable is the positive cable on the drivers side. Goes directly to the starter and TIPM. How in the world do you get to the starter to remove the cable? The cable mounts on the top side of the starter almost directly under the fuel filter housing. You can't get to it from the front side of the front axle and you can't get to it from behind the axle. Heck you can't even see the lug, you have to feel it.

Thanks

G

As long as you can reach it, you could probably get away without having to see the lug. Just bring a couple different sized wrenches with ya so you dont have to crawl back out of wherever you are. I havent looked at a starter on a 3rd gen before but the lug would be fairly easy to feel on a second gen.

As long as you can reach it, you could probably get away without having to see the lug. Just bring a couple different sized wrenches with ya so you dont have to crawl back out of wherever you are. I havent looked at a starter on a 3rd gen before but the lug would be fairly easy to feel on a second gen.

I was under the truck and on top of it wrench will not work ratchet and socket our special wrench are only options do to bracing, brackets, engine block and transmission lines. I have my doubts that a ratchet and socket will work. Unless you can come from the top, which I tried.

Do you have fat hands and fingers??? :poke:  :stirthepot:  :sofa:

I shouldn't have typed that……………..I'll be in the same boat in the near future now!!! :duh:

Well I'm screwed now, you gonna poke fun at me no matter what I say. If I say yes more of the same. If I say no I have small fingers, I'll be dainty. :banghead:  :tongue:

• 4 months later...