• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Open Wheel Dirt

My son has been racing Sport Mod now for going on his third year and he is doing pretty darn good .This is his first year racing IMCA. He consistently places in the top five. He started racing go karts when he was around eight.
Here he is with his new (straight) body lol it wont last long. Replacing panels gets old quick.  If he can just keep it out in front. Oh he has a lot of room for sponsors if anyone would like a spot on his car. Its not real expensive 250.00 a season would get your spot on the rear quarter panel. You can have the logo made and sent to him or he will make logo and install. Are there any other racers out there? I like looking at cars. 

post-29-0-26119500-1394324913_thumb.jpg

Very cool! Nothing better than a little dirt track racing on a Friday night! What part of the country are you located in? There is a local dirt track in nearby Sharon, PA, owned by Dave Blaney. He grew up in the area and raced sprints there as a kid before moving onto the world of outlaws and eventually Cup racing. Once a year he brings all the former outlaw boys from NASCAR to Sharon and they put on one heck of a show.

I was into it it briefly for a few years out of highschool but the wife got pregnant at the age of 23 and that along with a few other expensive hobbies went by the wayside.

Were in central Tx  the Imca track he's racing at is called Cotton Bowl Speedway in Paige Tx. Its a new track and for dirt racing it is really top notch facility with 3/8 mile track. They have the grand stands in good shape but the pits need work. Like if it starts raining your screwed, you cant get out due to the mud and everyone trying to get out one gate.
But you take about fun its a blast. They had the season shoot out and they must have had 40 sprint cars, roll overs, pin ins, you name it it was some hard core racing. The Late Models are a blast, 800 hp on dirt, h--- yea. Like I said it's a nice place, if you get a chance come down, give me a call and I will put you to work in the pits lol.     http://www.cottonbowlspeedway.com/

Edited by jlwelding
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

When it rains it pours. Got spun in turn 4, killed eng and while in first gear he's rolling back down hill restarting eng dumps clutch to get back into race does damage to rear end. While flying down the front stretch rear end is giving it heck he strips 5 teeth off cam gear it advances timing at 7500 rpm burns hole in piston. If there is any good news out of all that the 0.60 block is still good. :thumb1:

Now were rollin in class, my son was given a racing set with head restraint that belonged to Dale Earnhardt Sr. Don't mean he even used it but it was bought for him.
The man that gave it to him raced with Dale back in the day.
I thought that was really nice of the guy, he could have gave or sold it to anyone. But you would have to take his word for it and if you didn't know him, well.