• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I'm super curious on how that going to work out with expanding the body and get it all welded back together and paint ready.

lots of English wheel work and LOTS of tack welding the pieces back together so there is little heat deflection at the joint.

• 5 months later...

things have been slow as I sold my old house and moved to a new location, but I've gotten all my toys to my new place and got some decoratin' done!

20151101_123433_zpskjf5m1os.jpg

20151101_145857_zpsbp3zqmta.jpg

20151101_145914_zpsxvylodcp.jpg

some more shop pictures:

For now I'm putting my wood shop in the back of the vehicle shop.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8oivc81863ec3m1/AACTzqUpyf95jM0AmJs8-Ut_a?dl=0

Edited by PilotHouse2500
  • Like 3

The shop came "as is" from the previous owner.  He repaired exotica (he had a Ferrari) for his business he ran out of the shop.  The rear (where my wood shop lives right now) is bare concrete.  He used that area as vehicles storage.  I found out last night just how dusty wood working will be in there...need to get on better dust collection for my table saw (HUGE contributor to dust last night)!  Or every so often I will have to get the leaf blower out and blow the place out!  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Welding sheet metal is a royal pain in the :moon: ... If you do it wrong the metal will bow and warp. 

yes it is.  I think I may have gotten impatient in a few spots, I did end up with some warping that I'll have to deal with.  :(

Edited by PilotHouse2500

• 2 weeks later...

this weekend's work.  I took apart the window top part so I can keep the seam by rewelding it all back together in the order it was first assembled.  Please note the welding wasn't done when I took the last 2 pictures.

20160306_135126_zpsaw9kesjs.jpg

20160306_161124_zpsx4chfhl4.jpg

20160306_161130_zpsvo9ipodu.jpg

Edited by PilotHouse2500

On 3/8/2016 at 6:49 PM, Buzzinhalfdozen said:

Loving this project thanks for the update. So you have some pretty cool looking clamps in the pics I haven't seen before. The small panel clamps and the "C" clamps, where did they come from?

thanks!   I got the body panel clamps off Amazon (they are Harbor Freight parts) and the "C" clamps at the welding supply store (they sure are nice).

Edited by PilotHouse2500

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Yes, thank you for the update. I can tell you are dedicated to doing it the right way. I would like to go see this truck sometime when finished :burnout:

it will be a daily driver, so chances are when finihsed I'll drive to a few shows outside of MN where I only go now with my 50mph restoration.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...