• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Neighbor runs a car shop and had graciously offered to help for free (beer and food) to help me out over the course of the summer while at the bonfire...well he seems to want to get it done because he's been on my case!  Last night he taught me some BASICS of the English Wheel!  First pass shown here.  A little more crown to add in the middle but close!

imageproxy.jpg

imageproxy (1).jpg

Edited by PilotHouse2500
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Staff

This project still amazes me. How do you find insurance that will fully cover such super custom work? When all said and done it won't be the price of a ordinary truck  that's for sure.

16 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You can post your pictures here... 

I will find SOMETHING.  Somehow.  I post on 3 different forums on this project and it was super easy to use photobucket.

Simple math with assumptions puts the money grab at $400 MILLION!  It's a LOT of pictures to find and repost/posts to edit!  No worries I'll keep them coming...somehow

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

This project still amazes me. How do you find insurance that will fully cover such super custom work? When all said and done it won't be the price of a ordinary truck  that's for sure.

all about getting it appraised...likely would not truly cover a replacement, but better than nothing I guess.  When I'm done, I'm sure I'll have over 40K into it, not including my time.  Likely appraised to maybe 10K over that.  Lots of custom rods are done this way...but unless you are a Foose or some other big name you don't ever get the REAL value in an appraisal.

• Staff

That's too bad about a final appraisal. When you watch the fancy car auctions and you see the high prices offered it's because not only the car collectors know the rarity, they also know the amount of time and expense to build something like that. Many times a restoration can go wrong when a shops service crew does less than average work and has to be done again. It happened to me in the past, but fortunately the shop had the resources and agreed redo the work and was done well. Later I heard the employee responsible for the first work was fired after several warnings.

Keep up the good work, it's an amazing project.

Edited by JAG1

• 1 month later...