PilotHouse2500

Pilothouse/RAM2500 build

PilotHouse2500
16 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You can post your pictures here... 

I will find SOMETHING.  Somehow.  I post on 3 different forums on this project and it was super easy to use photobucket.

Simple math with assumptions puts the money grab at $400 MILLION!  It's a LOT of pictures to find and repost/posts to edit!  No worries I'll keep them coming...somehow

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

This project still amazes me. How do you find insurance that will fully cover such super custom work? When all said and done it won't be the price of a ordinary truck  that's for sure.

all about getting it appraised...likely would not truly cover a replacement, but better than nothing I guess.  When I'm done, I'm sure I'll have over 40K into it, not including my time.  Likely appraised to maybe 10K over that.  Lots of custom rods are done this way...but unless you are a Foose or some other big name you don't ever get the REAL value in an appraisal.

JAG1

That's too bad about a final appraisal. When you watch the fancy car auctions and you see the high prices offered it's because not only the car collectors know the rarity, they also know the amount of time and expense to build something like that. Many times a restoration can go wrong when a shops service crew does less than average work and has to be done again. It happened to me in the past, but fortunately the shop had the resources and agreed redo the work and was done well. Later I heard the employee responsible for the first work was fired after several warnings.

Keep up the good work, it's an amazing project.

Edited by JAG1

PilotHouse2500

Well I THINK I got all the pictures replaced.  Let me know if something looks broken.

PilotHouse2500

still working on the project, but it is on hold.  My position was eliminated at work and I'm on the hunt for work and doing a lot of woodworking to help pay bills right now instead of playing truck.

• Sad 1

dripley

Sorry to hear about the job. Hope everything works out for you and the truck.

Mopar1973Man
1 hour ago, PilotHouse2500 said:

still working on the project, but it is on hold.  My position was eliminated at work and I'm on the hunt for work and doing a lot of woodworking to help pay bills right now instead of playing truck.

Rough out there... I understand your position really well myself. 

JAG1

With the work I see you doing on your truck the company should never turned you loose. I think you'll be at a better job very soon.

PilotHouse2500

Well, I'm back in business, a few wood projects to finish up I contracted for while between positions, but I started my new job 2 weeks ago.....at Cummins!  I'm in Power Gen systems (diesel gensets), but I'm now part of a great company, with cool products!  I hope to get back on the truck here in January.

• Like 2