• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thanks guys,  sadly my shop floor heat boiler took a Ferd this last weekend (yes during this -30F crap).  So, the plan for truck parts just got pushed back to replace that nice "cheap" piece of hardware.  Look for more body work I guess to keep coming.  I know I have plenty of that to do yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I have kicked around the idea of having front airbags, but just have not heard enough about them to see it’s justifiable or not, although a little pricey too, I was thinking of building my own ,  It would be nice to adjust the air pressure between the front and rear bags to get the perfect height stance and ride and stability 

On 3/2/2021 at 10:20 AM, 01cummins4ever said:

I have kicked around the idea of having front airbags, but just have not heard enough about them to see it’s justifiable or not, although a little pricey too, I was thinking of building my own ,  It would be nice to adjust the air pressure between the front and rear bags to get the perfect height stance and ride and stability 

yah $1500 for the fronts and when I can afford the rears at $3500...but seeing as I won't be hauling much weight much of the time, it will smooth the ride out and be less like a farm wagon.

On 3/5/2021 at 1:52 PM, Royal Squire said:

Looks like you should be able to buy the bags and build the rest. 

Actually Kelderman makes a complete kit for the rear....plug and play and tested for safety/workability.  Replaces the springs and all.  Some things I'll just pay for.

I little door work going on to get it where it needs to be. 

20210307_144719.jpg

20210307_150241.jpg

20210307_160532.jpg

20210307_160556.jpg

20210308_181435.jpg

20210308_181452.jpg

20210308_181430.jpg

20210308_181438.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Is a post going between the front and rear doors? Nice to look at the progress. :thumb1:

Think modern vehicles with the suicide rear door with bearclaw top and bottom.  Once both doors are open, no middle pillar.  Next step is to build the rear door on the passenger side....I'll update as things progress.

Edited by PilotHouse2500
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Staff
13 minutes ago, PilotHouse2500 said:

Think modern vehicles with the suicide rear door with bearclaw top and bottom.  Once both doors are open, no middle pillar.  Next step is to build the rear door on the passenger side....I'll update as things progress.

It's that I can't understand how both doors will marry together when closed, being they curve away from each other at the top.

5 hours ago, JAG1 said:

It's that I can't understand how both doors will marry together when closed, being they curve away from each other at the top.

The rear door will have a pointy bit towards the front, basically filling in the open spaces.....don't feel bad...its been a point I've struggled with:  do I just run a vertical line up (like modern) or go for it all and do the pointy bit (full coach style build).

Edited by PilotHouse2500

• Staff

While test driving second gen trucks I remember the cabs that did not have the rear door for the extended cab and you had to fold the seat forward to climb in, the cabs had less flexing and felt more solid like if you got broadsided would be safer for everyone. Just a thought there Bud.

You gonna sell me that truck when done right? Right! :punish: