• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So the weekend found some time to putz with the latches and linkages more.  I measured for some bushings to solidify things up at the joints and make things more reliable and am waiting for my buddy to get those back to me, but yah...I might be putting a few access holes in strategically to get these installed.  Luckily the interior will be covered in a big removable panel.

20210711_152728.jpg.de4771af9c681d3c3b3123ee68457cc4.jpg

20210711_152710.jpg.26bb3e07492f0a9e9a96cbb69953c73d.jpg

ALSO I got....an NOS hood ornament in perfect condition!  I see zero pits and plan on just dropping it on with no repairs.

20210711_180505.jpg.0820c09f173b56de8ee07c8b0e4c6635.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Typically the front are same as the rear but flipped inward. You've got 3/4 ton wheels in the front and 1 ton in the rear.

I've got 3/4 ton all the way around.

Kinda what we thought.....so the question is: what is the offset difference so I can set the extensions right?  Is there a spacer or something to help keep things off the shocks and such?  Seems the rim would go a bit further in than would be good?

Edited by PilotHouse2500

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Hey @PilotHouse2500I'm curious to see the how you hung that hood. I love the forward flip design but curious on how you put it together.

back a few pages you can see the front pivot

I'll either do hydraulic or electric motor drives to control it.  I have pins planned to have it stop on (not installed yet, hence the wood block on the valve cover).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...