• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• 1 month later...

PH2500 What a great build!

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:24 AM, PilotHouse2500 said:

got the '94 pulled into the shop last night to thaw out...any parts you want off the body, speak up before they get scrapped!

20180130_190426.jpg

boy, sure do like that front bumper :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

contemplating something similar but using my 3500 4 x4 V8 and binning all the fuel injection/ecu's, there's a very old dodge dually on ebay.uk that has no rust but it's 9k. I wouldn't double door though as no skill for that, about 10 years ago I imported a job rated, 56 I think it was, but got rid as some **** had fitted a chevy 302, probably should have kept it LOL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good news is I've decided on a few things and I'm in the midst of a huge kitchen project that will actually let me get the trans bought.  I'll be moving the engine back 2-3" to use the stock CAC and buying an aftermarket RAD with electric fans to get things stuffed up front where they belong.  I also plan on taking the summer off woodworking so I can get some headway going on this project.  SO hopefully come mid May this thread will get more updates than it has in the last year.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On Friday I ordered the NV4500 tans!  2-3 weeks for delivery....sadly they don't take an auto as a core anymore.  So now I have an auto with under 10k miles on a rebuild, but no documentation since my buddies wife tossed all the paperwork on the rebuild years ago...sigh..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched a video yesterday of a guy doing a manual swap up in Canada.  He mentions something about not using the vacuum lines (on the TC) and going to manual switch.  Anyone here done that?

meanwhile got the TC shifter taken apart and cleaned up...it was frozen solid.  Nothing a 20 ton H press can't fix.  And got to use my "new" media blast cabinet I bought from my car club friend.

20190704_134518.jpg

20190704_174343.jpg

• 1 month later...

Looks good.

If you ever need a really nice finish that holds up to even light scratches give this stuff a try, its pretty. Awesome stuff. We restore all sorts of small and large mechanisms and the sort, good for hardware finish as well.

We call it Galvabrite.

Really makes a nice finish.

https://www.apidistribution.com/crown-galva-bright-premium-16-oz-aerosol

You can shop around and find it at different places, I get from McMaster Carr.

Screenshot_20190810-213027_Chrome.jpg.b3eedf36a19826c6e1d2cf4da9603823.jpg

Edited by Timd32

• 4 weeks later...