• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

47RE Dipstick Tube Venting?

The other day I broke the handle off on my ATF dipstick and had to cover the fill tube with aluminum foil till a new stick comes in on Tuesday. Since covering the tube with a plastic bag then foil and zip tying so it's almost air tight and isn't going to fall off the transmission is shuttle shifting between 3rd and 3rd lock (OD off, around town driving under 50mph). Does the fill tube vent transmission pressure gas? And could this cause my shuttle shift? Or should I catch up on the lock/unlock topic?

Shoot, tranny was just rebuilt in january, not even 3,000 miles on it since. Haven't had any issues since this. I believe they put a DNJ extreme solenoid in it, amsoil fluid (my mechanic said it lasts longer that other stuff, he runs it in his 5.9 and his dads 6.7). What next? Stop in to see the tranny guys?

On a side note, the tranny shifts so early when on light throttle, like at 1100 rpm, it will not hold 1st or 2nd, like in a parking lot taking turns it's in 3rd or 2nd gear dogging it at 15 mph. On decent throttle, it shifts at 1600-1800 and I've adjusted the linkage, it only effects the shift points when on throttle.

Tranny Build- Billet single disc rated for 500 HP (DPC), Raybestos Blues, upgraded planetary, stock input shaft, etc.

Can't tell if the TC is slipping either because the roads are so bad right now and I have "rough riding ranchos"

• Owner

I pulled a code p0122 throttle position sensor low. Adjust the tps to the voltage set on the back of it?

NO! Do not adjust the voltage! The voltage is only for the IVS of the APPS nothing more. I would run the diagnostics of the error code.

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/59-obdii-error-codes/151-p0122-apps-sensor-signal-voltage-too-low