• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mopar1973Man is on his way to California...

• Owner

Yea... As of this morning I'm packing up and heading for California to pick up a new truck for our Fire Dept here. So I'll be gone for 3 days roughly and leaving MoparMom here at home to try and keep the site rolling. I've pack my laptop so I can attempt to check on site when I can. But anyone looking for support I'll be gone for 3 days so you'll have to grab support from others staff or members till I return.

:wow:

EEK! Okay, so it must be a hand-me-down truck? What will it be?

General Fire is in Spokane! They make great apparatus'! When I was on with the local dept. we got ours from them, brand spanking new! 250k later!

BTW!

...can you bring me back some avocados!? :ashamed:

Edited by hex0rz

• Owner

Actually its a Ford 550 4WD Diesel from Modesto, CA utility company. So it now coming home to Idaho to be converted to a Fast attack truck with 350 gallon of water and about 200-250 GPM pump. Then place all our extrication equipment on it as well as Wildland stuff too. So the Fire Chief and myself are heading down to Modesto, CA with his 6.7L Dodge and trailer to load up a Ford and tow it home.

http://goo.gl/maps/7kcSt

• Owner

Bad karma when you have to tow it home!!  Good luck on your trip. 

Figuring fuel expenses of driving two trucks home vs. towing it home. We figure it would be much cheaper than to worry about than driving it home. Not to mention with one truck and towing, the passenger can snooze and then switch out later and keep the train going. He's should be here any time...

Not to mention with one truck and towing, the passenger can snooze and then switch out later and keep the train going. He's should be here any time...

Unless you are like me. I cannot sleep in a moving vehicle.

Michael just called and he and the chief are 30 miles outside of Cali.  A motel,dinner,showers & sleep are next on the agenda.  All is going well for them.  Sorry I could not respond to your calls here at the ranch, but the power has been out since 2:45.  We're restored and back in business.   Love Moparmom

• Like 1

Cancel that above message.  Ya, I thought they were using common sense, but I was wrong.  Those two jerks decided to push on to Modesto this evening.  They go into Sacramento, and thought they would just "keep on trucking".  Michael should send a PM when he get into a motel.  This is insane.   Is there a prize for this insanity.   Love MoparMom.

Wife and I left our house west of Bismarck ND and drove straight thrrough to Phoenix AZ a few years ago and not knowing the GPS setting took us on the shortest route past denver where my wife took over and wife didn't wake me until 3 am lost on narrow 2 lane mountain roads in sw colorado, took us a bit longer to get on track after that rather than fastest and heading straight south of Denver on the interstate. But it was scenic once we figured out where we were and where we were headed.

Made it there in 23 hours with a breakfast stop in a small town in the mountains in colo.

is it a legal to drive over 20 hours??  I was told from US DOT and truckers can drive up to 16 hours then stop for relax or sleep for 8 hours. if not, US DOT or polices can stop them to look at records and figures it out???

I did drove 12 hours straight from Indianapolis to Gulf Shore Alabama but had to stopped for re-fuel my cummins... 

Michael sent e-mail that they had checked into a motel in Modesto at 12:14 am.  Now today they pick up the diesel truck and head back if all the paper work is in order.  Have a problem here.....too many phone calls coming in for Mike and I can't keep refering them on to his cell.   Can someone else give me their phone numbers so I can hand them over to you.  Some times the site does not get them info quick enough.  Help me out here.  Love MoparMom

JR they are truck related but sometimes when someone is in the middle of a problem them want a human voice not a form.  Trying to toss people over on the form during their crisis just doesn't make them happy.  They want that human touch, and hold their hand attitude Michael's style as he encourages and nurse them through the mine field under the hood.  Rember, we have a lot of guys that never looked under the hood.!!!!!

• Like 1