• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

quick question about airdog 2 150 gph unit

well the fuse problem i had a few months ago was fixed with a new fuse, temporarily.

yesterday on a 300 mile trip i had to replace the fuse 9 times to keep from driving the truck with 0 fuel pressure..

i even ran out of fuses and had to start pulling them from unneeded things in my instrument panel..  :doh:

well anyways, i bought the truck used and the previous owner did not send in a warranty card, so ill be buying a replacement motor for it.

as i said im the 2nd owner, i have never worked with something like this, from what i can tell the motor just bolts onto the mounting bracket and the fuel hose is connected on there..

can someone please list me the steps to replacing this motor, and making sure i dont somehow burn it up, or break anything, etc. i surely cannot afford 2 or 3 of these and any more time without my truck.. im borrowing a 6.0 powerstroke until i get the dodge fixed..,  :ahhh:

thanks guys, any input, what not to do, etc. is appreciated!!  :thumb1:

• Staff

I would say I'm not going to be much help but, I think the new AirDog would come with instructions and a new wiring harness.

I recommend making sure you get a new wire harness with it.

Those fuses blowing like that I would be worried about affecting/ burning up the ECM on the side of the engine block. Somehow you have a slow blow short circuit.

What size fuses are you putting in anyways?

One last thought....Michael Nelson would be about the best guy to have work on your truck. He does repairs and is not too far north of you in Riggins, Idaho. About 130 miles, he'll get it right that is for sure.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

The fuse popping is from fuel getting into the pump motor. It will not hurt the ecm at all. The ecm is just sending a signal wire to the relay that tells the pump to turn on.

Is there any way to identify if I have one of the older better built Raptor pumps?

Just wondering if there is a way to tell.....Thank you

i bought the truck used 3 years ago, so i have no clue how long this pump has been on the truck. i called airdog today and there was no warranty for the pump so i spent $219 on a new one, should have shipped tomorrow..

im located in pikeville, kentucky, im not sure how you saw that i was from idaho  :gun:

when changing this can i put my filter and water seperator from the old pump onto the new one? they are less than 2 weeks of age..

• Staff

i bought the truck used 3 years ago, so i have no clue how long this pump has been on the truck. i called airdog today and there was no warranty for the pump so i spent $219 on a new one, should have shipped tomorrow..

im located in pikeville, kentucky, im not sure how you saw that i was from idaho  :gun:

when changing this can i put my filter and water seperator from the old pump onto the new one? they are less than 2 weeks of age..

Sorry.... I was looking at the wrong member's profile :sofa:           Hope you getit fixed anyhow

I bought mine about 2-3 yrs. ago from Source Auto which I'm glad because it might have been from some older batch/ order for their supply. So far it's been no problem.

Is it possible to have a short backfeed thru a relay to the ECM? A discussion awhile back, something how it could do that, so lowering the amp rating on the fuse by ten amps. Never any problems so far.

Edited by JAG1

wouldnt lowering the amperage of the fuse mean that it would take nothing short of a catastrophe to cause it to blow and prevent something from being damaged?  :ahhh:

educate me! thats what im here for  :thumb1:

If you put a relay in in place of the pump you are trying to run you are going to have such a light load on the ECM that it will have about a zero chance of causing harm to it. Then you could switch just about any size load.