• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So... I have a bit of a project..

• Staff

Yes, 80psi and the reviews I read sounded pretty good... I posted 1 link to some of the reviews on the tire but I had also seen some good comments on some RV forums as well..

Did you have to upgrade wheels? Or were your OEM tires LRE??

Just don't see a lot of 80 psi OEM 15" wheels.

My six lug 15" rims were only pressure rated for 75PSI if I recall. That is with the rubber valve stems, but I can't say I would trust the rubber stems at that pressure. The only 225/75/R15 in LRE that I know of is the Maxxis tire, but it is still an ST tire.

Question... HAve you ever seen the installers grab from a different pile of valve stems when installing our E rated tires??? I haven't either... nor had I thought about it till you mentioned the valve stems here Tom... I will say the spare has a metal valve stem... had them keep that one as long as it was good!!

http://www.treaddepot.com/group/glst.html%C2%A0%C2%A0.html

• Staff

6 lug 15"

5 of my 6 lug 16's are rated for 65 psi, and one of them is rated for 80 psi. Most OEM 15" 6 lug trailers wheels I have seen are only rated for 65 psi, so it appears you got lucky.

My six lug 15" rims were only pressure rated for 75PSI if I recall. That is with the rubber valve stems, but I can't say I would trust the rubber stems at that pressure. The only 225/75/R15 in LRE that I know of is the Maxxis tire, but it is still an ST tire.

There are rubber valve stems rated for 80 psi.

Question... HAve you ever seen the installers grab from a different pile of valve stems when installing our E rated tires??? I haven't either... nor had I thought about it till you mentioned the valve stems here Tom... I will say the spare has a metal valve stem... had them keep that one as long as it was good!!

http://www.treaddepot.com/group/glst.html  .html

Many tires stores only stock the high pressure stems, it keeps the wrong ones from being installed.

• Staff

The pressure charts I find say the rubber stems are rated for 65 PSI. I put the next higher stems in my rims when I mounted the tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=208

Standard ones are, but there are high pressure ones... That link even shows them, 80 or 100psi versions. I recall seeing them without an exposed brass barrell.

My pickup came OEM with rubber and a door sticker calling for 75psi.

The low psi ones will supposedly blow out at 80-90 psi, which is obtainable with a load on a hot day at 75-80 psi cold.