• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I Can't Take It

dorkweed

We finished out the night with 18-20 inches of snow!!! Just insane how much snow can fall in a 24 hour period up here.

Welcome to our world!! I took my car on a drive this AM and could only do about 40 mph on a freeway for the first 60 miles due to the ice and snow. Coming home it was fine.

Well, now it is my turn for the heavy snow. We are under a Winter Storm Warning until 1PM tomorrow. The prediction is for 12+ inches of snow and a bunch of wind all night. Is spring EVER going to arrive here? Damn I want to get my fiver ready to go.......

• Like 1

Well I guess I really can't talk, yet. We've been calving starting in April for a number of years but after the cold cold April last year I said 'to grass with that'! We're starting the middle of May this year.

Sorry for the thread hijack...

I'll talk  about   Cattle and  Cummins   all day long!  :D

I'll admit,   my fall calvers  are  probably the most   'hands-off'   set of  cattle  I own...     until the snow flies!

Well we actually got 10" of snow. News said we have had 118.3 inches of snow this season. Normal is 87 inches. Was out snowblowing and noticed the rear axle on my lawn tractor was moving and twisting. I tried to finish up, but it all the sudden quit moving. Turned out to be a bracket on the front of the transaxle broke and the two brackets that bolt axle housing in place were cracked. About 2 hours and a bit of welding I was able to finish my driveway and clean out in front of my mailbox again. Now it sounds like I have a noisy bearing in my drive system for the blower....... Sounds like a good summer project to me.....

April 1-3 accumulated 8" of rain here.  Normal for the entire month is 6.  We have floods a lot and those roads are marked with depth meters on the side so it really doesn't affect us.  I don't think it was that bad since it hadn't rained for a while before so the ground soaked up what it could then the creeks and rivers filled back up.  

Same storm system. Just be glad you didn't get any of them "twirly things" that hang from the clouds. There was one in southern Minnesota and in the pictures on the news it looked like snow on the ground!

It seemed like a very mild storm system.  I mean it dumped tons of rain but temp rise and drop wasn't very significant hence why I think there weren't any tornadoes.  Usually when all hell breaks loose it is blue skies and you can watch an anvil cloud build in the distance where the cold front is slamming into the warm air.  This was all just grey crap all day with lightning, no blue skies or anvils or anything.  Must have been a little more significant in Minnesota.  

Must have been a little more significant in Minnesota.  

I would guess it was, but by the time it got to me it was dark.... Besides you normally don't see the anvils with snow. We haven't had a real strong system here for a few years.

Isx  you were on the  south side of the  low,  and  Mntom  was  on the  north side...  as it  tracked  to the  north east.   I unfortunately was  right under it,  and  only  got  a little fog and  mist.    

Severe  weather   in  the  Midwest  usually   starts  right on top of me....  I  watch little  puffs  of  clouds  all day long,  just  sitting here,  they build up, and with  a  couple of  sharp cracks  of  lightning,     poof!   they are racing off  toward  Sioux City or  Sioux falls  SD...  with the  nastiest  line of  thunderheads   I call it  the  5 o'clock  storm.

There goes  all my  soil moisture!