• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Automatic Trans torque converter lock up controller?

I would like to be able to lock up second gear for lower speed driving. I wish I would have known about the specific valve bodies that allow for it when I built my transmission, but for the price of them it's hard to justify when I've got a good one in there now.

In the future, there may be much better control over the whole 3rd gear & up on our transmissions. O am working on it.

Ed

That'd be awesome. Solve the searching issue, shifting up or down 3rd through overdrive when we don't want it. Hurry up. I'll be a beta tester, molester whatever you want to call it.

I wish there was a simple way to make mine lock up on demand. My RE transmission is an 'early model' that doesn't like the wiring of a switch to lock. All it does is put my transmission into limp........

MnTom even with the diod?

Never heard of a diode being installed. Give me some info........ On mine when I put a switch in and jumpered the relay it would do fine until I hit the switch and then instant limp. Even without the switch it would go to limp mode when it felt like it. I put the relay back and still no good. Some of the first RE transmissions required a reflash to function properly. This will explain it better: http://www.tstproducts.com/Torque%20Converter%20Lockup%20Switch.pdf

I left the relay in place, on the switch I had to wire in a diod not sure the value maybe 33k or I can't remember. On the ground side, do the ground wire to the switch had a diod, then the other pole from switch was strait to the wire on the plug behind the air box, PIN number I can't remember. When I'm not on my phone I'll see if I can find the write up i fallowed.

Oh, you mean a resistor. Yea, I remember the 33k resistor installation. Read the link I posted and it will explain why it won't function properly on my truck.

Yep that's the right place.  I did it to mine and it works.

However, it's hard to lock and upl,oad the switch fast enough in 2nd durning dd duty.  I am working on a momentary switch rather than a flip switch.  I am trying to get a switch installed on the gear select lever so I can swift manually and control lockup with one hand.

Yep that's the right place. I did it to mine and it works.

However, it's hard to lock and upl,oad the switch fast enough in 2nd durning dd duty. I am working on a momentary switch rather than a flip switch. I am trying to get a switch installed on the gear select lever so I can swift manually and control lockup with one hand.

Keep us posted if you get something figured out.