• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

24v to 12v conversion help needed

I have a 98.5 24v cummins 5speed, It has a cracked block and a bad lift pump, probably bad IP, so I would like to do a 12v swap. To have a fully functioning truck, cruise, check engine light, stock gauges, etc what are my options?

1. I have read that I need a 98 pcm, but wouldn't there be more then one part number for 98 pcms? I could see there being different ones for: (auto/manual), (cruise/no cruise), (California, non cali emissions) (air conditioning/ or no a/c). Is there a part number list? Am I wrong is it much simpler?
2. What about a 97 pcm, would it not communicate with the other computers and instrument cluster?

3. Which harnesses do I need? I read I need firewall forward which is 2 separate harnesses? One is an engine harness, and the other is what the fuse box? Can I use 97 harnesses or does it have to be 98?

4. I shouldn't have to change the instrument cluster or any in cab harnesses correct?

Any help would be great because getting a complete donor vehicle is very unlikely and I will have to piece it together probably sight unseen via ebay. I would hate to by parts that aren't compatible.