• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ecm question

Just got thru getting my ecm rebuilt. Truck starts and runs good,but still has lots of codes.p1693,ecu codes 0521,0237,1698,0230,0382,03801689,0118.Doesn't have any check engine lite.Do  I have to take my truck to dodge to have my ecm reflashed,or can I just get the codes cleared and get it to pass emissions?
Any suggestions will be appreciated.Thanks

2202, 2500 4x4, clubcab,auto,winch, sidebars 95 gph fass,industrial injection vp44 22ft Terry 5th wheel

Have somebody clear the codes. Most likely just stored codes. You can buy a cheap bluetooth reader off of amazon for 20 bucks that will read codes and clear codes. All you have to do is download an app on your phone

Have somebody clear the codes. Most likely just stored codes. You can buy a cheap bluetooth reader off of amazon for 20 bucks that will read codes and clear codes. All you have to do is download an app on your phone

Thanks for the info mopartecnician, any particular one you woul suggest ,there's a whole bunch of them on amazon.

• Owner

As soon as I have some extra coin I am going to nab up a scan gauge. Seems like it would be extremely handy. Mike, Is there any engine data that it cant read? Or can you basically see every sensor?

As for what I can see

IAT sensor

ECT Sensor

MAP Sensor (but the value is incorrect on mine but newer version seem to be corrected with a boost gauge)

GPH flow of fuel burned

Load of Engine

RPM

MPH

HP (Calculated HP at the flywheel)

Charging volts

There are more...

As for what I can see

IAT sensor

ECT Sensor

MAP Sensor (but the value is incorrect on mine but newer version seem to be corrected with a boost gauge)

GPH flow of fuel burned

Load of Engine

RPM

MPH

HP (Calculated HP at the flywheel)

Charging volts

There are more...

After weighing all the options, I went ahead and bought as scan2 thru amazon.Thanks for all your posts gang.

Like myself I've got a ScanGauge II for code reading and reading live data of the engine.

Just hooked up my new scan2 guage.Tried to clear all those codes .Got the no response message,looks like I'm going to have to get dodge to reflash my ecm,unless somebody has some other ideas.