• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Moonshine

MnTom

I was at a liquor store yesterday and saw some quart jars that said they had moonshine in them. Well, I was curious so I bought a jar of the cherry flavored stuff. I was reading the label (later) and it said it was 100 proof. I tried some last night. I am not sure it is real moonshine or not, but it was pretty good! Potent, but good. I did learn real quick that it doesn't take a lot for you to feel it! I used a smaller size glass and only filled it about half way. Since the glass just barely holds a 12 oz I am guessing that I had less than 6 oz of the shine. I sure don't think I would want to try to pass a breath test after only that little bit!

What is the brand of it? There has been a rise in popularity of "legal shine" although by true definition it can only be moonshine if it was distilled by the light of the moon. There are very few states that allow legal distillation of spirits. I know Tennessee, Virginia, and I think North Carolina it is legal with the proper liscenses. Not sure where else it may be legal.

I have a friend who has family that comes up from the Carolinas every year. He always brings a few quarts of his home brew with him. He generally proofs it out at 100-110 proof but a few years ago he brought up a jar of straight shine. Talk about firewater! It even burned the lips on the way down LOL. He said he figured it to be about 150 proof.

Michael, you can come and I will let you sample some of my moonshine or the fresh case of beer in the basement fridge or even the Angry Orchard stuff (wife's but I will probably be the one to "dispose" of it) that I have on hand. Yes, I just made my every other month beer run.......

:cheers:  Bunch of alcoholics... :party:

Oh well. I'm going to grab my light weight stuff Whiskey and toss it in the RV for midnight sipping. I could go up to a friends parents place and get a few hits of the

Too many years of practice.

This is the brand. Not sure if it is 'real' shine or not, but it goes down nice but SLOWLY. I don't think I would like to try a big gulp of it........      Here is the website: http://uncrate.com/stuff/midnight-moon-moonshine/

midnight-moon-xl.jpg

I bought a jar of this in Blueberry last summer to try. You are more of a man than me, only about 2 sips is all I can do an it hits the guts pretty hot. If I sipped down even a shot glass of this stuff I would be done for the day. :stirthepot:

At the rate I can drink it, should last me about 25 more years.

Many years ago...  a college classmate cashed in the ticket his grandmother sent & drove home to Tennessee for a vaca.  When he came back he had a number of gallon jars in the trunk.  Oh, yes, he drove a flat black Dodge, 440/4 speed...  no chrome, no emblems, something wrong with his taillight switch.  :)   

I bought a jar of this in Blueberry last summer to try. You are more of a man than me, only about 2 sips is all I can do an it hits the guts pretty hot. If I sipped down even a shot glass of this stuff I would be done for the day. :stirthepot:

At the rate I can drink it, should last me about 25 more years.

Back in my younger days the first to shots went down pretty hard, it's the 3rd and beyond that it really taste good. Got way to easy to drink after that.