• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Front Lower Control Arms?

Seeking some help with my latest truck problem :doh:  Decided to get a new set of adjustable control arms since my stockers were well past needing to be replaced. Got the old arms out and took a look at the mounts, wow they are terrible! The axle side U-shaped bracket reinforcement that the cam rides on was broken in a couple places on both sides and pretty much useless. The mounts themselves are also pretty jacked up. The bolt holes are wallowed out as well.

So now I need to figure out how to fix them. Cut them off and replace them? Try to figure out a better way with what I have now? I have access to a welder and grinders and work at an off road manufacturer so finding parts isn't going to be a big deal. Just wanted some some opinions on the best route to take. And yes I should have snapped some pics! I'll try to get some.

Thanks

Sounds like a rebuild is definitely in order. If I have access to the right tools and equipment it would be an easy decision for me. I say cut them off and make new ones.

That's kinda what I was leaning toward. Seems like a smart play since I bought this truck with the sole intention of using it as a tow rig. I think I might get a couple mounts and see if they'll work. Not sure what I'll have to do to the whole axle side mount, but I can probably make it work.