• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Possible lift pump fix teaser

Well got her installed. Couple things I think need changed and I am going to shoot them an email on monday.

1-(3/8" fuel line) we all know why this should be changed

2- no relay for pump control, its got a deutsch conector both made and female but the pump wiring has a male connector. The female side is a ground wire and a fused power wire that you jump off of a keyed fuse. I ended up hooking this up to the wiper fuse so the pump will shut off during cranking. Wish they had the female side of the connect to the fuel pump so that you could use the stock wire/ecm to control the pump

3-the mounting bracket is a great design with rubber isolatots to reduce noise transmission through the frame. But, the pump sits up too high and hits on everthing on a shortbox pickup. I had to do some mods to get it to work. If they would make it similar to a raptor or airdog it would be better. Its got the two plates that squeeze the frame but another bracket that hooks between the plate and the pump

Other than that, time will tell. Its quiet and has a solid 18-19 at idle. Didnt get a chance to drive it on the highway

Edited by mopartechnician

I ran my 02 at 560 hp for ablout 7-8 years on nothing but 3/8 line from the tank to the OEM filter hsg with zero issues at all.

Like I said a few times before our Cat trucks with 3516 engines which are V16 - 4210 cubic inches or 69 litres engines running 2100 hp and 2100 rpms only run off of 1/2 inch line just for reference. :)  :gun:

• Like 1

Is that level of filtration necessary on a VP pump injector system? A good pump should be able to handle some debris.

I would be more worried about debris getting to the injectors. The pump may be able to pass it just fine but can the injectors? And as you know, water doesnt make a very good lubricant. If the VP relies on good clean fuel to stay cooled and lubricated, I would want the cleanest fuel possible.

Our injectors are not like common rail. Does not the stock filter get enough of the junk out and water? Since installing my new pump raptor 100 and the added bypass and scrubbing of fuel my stock filter doesn't get dirty anymore. Used to be black, now I look at it and think to myself, why am I changing it?

Joe, being a former marine diesel tech, my standards are higher than others. I am not trying to be conceited at all in that statement.

I have looked up the flow numbers of many filters & would not put out a product that clearly stated "Up to 98% at 5 microns". What about that 2%?

Also, the flow rated vs PSI ratings of some of the filters used just cannot realisticly support what the claims are.

I also personally know someone who used an Airdog unit that allowed the insides of his VP44 to be coated with rust stain. That is not acceptable to me.

When I do something, I do it 100%. My future system will not be for everyone, but there are some that will be able to justify it.

Ed

I ran my 02 at 560 hp for ablout 7-8 years on nothing but 3/8 line from the tank to the OEM filter hsg with zero issues at all.

Like I said a few times before our Cat trucks with 3516 engines which are V16 - 4210 cubic inches or 69 litres engines running 2100 hp and 2100 rpms only run off of 1/2 inch line just for reference. :):gun:

How many gallons per hour of fuel would those trucks burn? Seems amazing that a half inch line could supply that!

• 3 months later...