• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck doesn't start first try... always did before...

I am suspicious that I might have a fuel bleed down between lift pump & engine.  I've noticed oily spot on the ground where truck was parked this winter.  I'm not able to get under the truck myself anymore...   as per my signature have AD 150 & big rubber lines.   

Edited by flagmanruss

Dang, first your trailer and now this? You sure are living good, Russ! Where was the oily spot? Front, right behind the tire, back by the tank? Are you still using the stock return line?

I haven't got back to the trailer so am using my bigger landscapers style trailer this weekend...  transporting my big scooter while displaying my flags & swivel cannons at a re-enactment.  

It's impossible to tell exactly where the spot is because I didn't park precisely...  but I would say it's up by the motor, not under the tank.  Yes the stock return line is in use, as well as a rubber line from the AD. 

The lift pump gets it's signal from the stock lift pump connection, gets it's power from it's own separate relay.  I can hear the pump cycle & sounds right.

Tom, I hear you on the original stock line...  I've had several metal brake lines rust out...  the fuel line is not exempt!  Good thinking.  Need to get a garage who works on diesels.         

Used it several times over this weekend towing 16 foot landscape style trailer.   Is starting up better but can almost watch the fuel gauge drop.  I think I can smell fuel in the cab, driving, at least some of the time. 

Displayed the flags exhibit...  with lots of help setting up & taking down.  Used my big outdoor scooter almost continuously.  First time this season...  I wonder if it's batteries are losing it after 3 years.  (2) Group 27 Sealed Lead Acid 100 ah.  Was really wiped out Sat...  better today...  'just tired'!     

Edited by flagmanruss

• 2 months later...