• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tow Mirrors

I bought a set of tow mirrors to replace the stock mirrors on my truck.  I got them from Rock Auto.  There wasn't an instruction or even a tip for installation in the box that I got.  I got them installed but I was left with a few questions about the install.  For instance, the new bracket on the driver's side door is in the way of the mirror adjustment switch.  I cannot fully install the door panel.  Has anyone else ran into this?  The panel will fully install with the switch removed, but that does me no good either.  One of the three nuts holding the mirror in place hits the switch.  There has to be something that I can do.  Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Do you have the brackets on the proper sides? It is a left and right bracket. You can flip them but that might cause the problem you are having. It has been a long time since I messed with mine but I do seem to remember a small problem with the switch when I changed mine from manual to power. 

I have that problem on the driver's side too. It actually bumps the door panel out and prevents a good window seal. You can get it around the switch if you get all the nuts started and don't tighten them up till the end, after you dry fit the door panel a bunch of times and get the right position. I have yet to do it, but I read about cutting one of the studs down, I think it's the lower left one.

Having to do that I would have probably called the cops and reported it as a hit and run. Around here LEOs take that real seriously. The fine is almost as high as a wreckless driving ticket or even a DWI.

What was the first year they made the tow mirrors? Cant seem to find oem ones for my 01. Dealer says they cant get them either. I was trying to go with oem vs the aftermarket that I have now or had. I know aftermarket is a lot cheaper but was thinking oem would be better quality. I have found some for an 02. Would they fit? Was thinking the body wasn't changed until 03.