• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Went to snag it back for us... :lol:

Posted Image

Great work there in the information...

I use the hasting ff1260 filter so wouldn't a raptor pump give me the same filtration with better water separation then the airdog.Its my understanding the Hastings is the same filter as the Baldwin. Edited by clong1959

I got the 7977, and they are the yellow paper looking filter? I did not bother to compared, but I think the pleats were deeper. I am waiting till the 1/2" hoses arrive, then I will change the filter, I am getting sick of smelly like a diesel pump on a daily basis, but still better then gasoline.

I am getting ready to do this install also, will I need any extra fittings for an airdog to goto the oem filter/ heater housing? My truck has the original lift pump mounted to the block. Thanks Mike! Chris

AD 100 is the easiest to install yes you can use the stock pickup tube... But if there is any air problems check the quick connector at the stock pickup. AD 150 is a bit tougher being you got to drop the fuel tank to install the drawstraw but final product will handle more load longer... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/personal/2002/airdog-150/airdog-150.htm

I am getting ready to do this install also, will I need any extra fittings for an airdog to goto the oem filter/ heater housing? My truck has the original lift pump mounted to the block. Thanks Mike! Chris

I have decided to go with the raptor 100 and the Vulcan big line kit, that gives you every thing u need for install.

I have decided to go with the raptor 100 and the Vulcan big line kit, that gives you every thing u need for install.

Good choice, on the 1/2" line kit, I changed over to 1/2" and I am getting 20+ psi at idle with winter temps. I used the Fass 95, close enough to the raptor 100. (I have no clue why the Fass kit only came with the 3/8" line as a kit?)

• Owner

Good choice, on the 1/2" line kit, I changed over to 1/2" and I am getting 20+ psi at idle with winter temps. I used the Fass 95, close enough to the raptor 100. (I have no clue why the Fass kit only came with the 3/8" line as a kit?)

good guess is that the fuel line being 3/8 of inch gave less to modify in the way of fuel system where 1/2" line is only good if you got 1/2" pickup to 1/2" plumbing throughout the system... But that just a simple guess though...

• Owner

3/8" fuel line is more than enough for LOTS and LOTS of hp... While I don't have any numbers of proof, I would say that you can easily get 700-800 on 3/8" line without issue.

Yeah the question is though how much pressure drop between idle and WOT say at 300,400,500,or 600 HP... Then compare to 1/2" line... That would be the way to show it... But that would take a bunch of truck all rig with the very same fuel system and different mods... Bit tough to pull off...:banghead:

• Staff

Yeah the question is though how much pressure drop between idle and WOT say at 300,400,500,or 600 HP... Then compare to 1/2" line... That would be the way to show it... But that would take a bunch of truck all rig with the very same fuel system and different mods... Bit tough to pull off...:banghead:

Yeah hard to show.. But if you have a pump that can push the GPH then you are fine... Its a little more trickey on a VP as you need 10-20 psi for lube, on a 3rd gen you just need flow. And really if you drop from 20 to 10 on a VP truck you are fine, still have all the flow/pressure you need.

good guess is that the fuel line being 3/8 of inch gave less to modify in the way of fuel system where 1/2" line is only good if you got 1/2" pickup to 1/2" plumbing throughout the system... But that just a simple guess though...

My fuel tank is tapped 1/2" NIPT on it, so I am good to go. The original set up was, 1/2" pex to the LP, and 3/8" Pex return. I left the return as is for better VP pressure.

My fuel tank is tapped 1/2" NIPT on it, so I am good to go. The original set up was, 1/2" pex to the LP, and 3/8" Pex return. I left the return as is for better VP pressure.

I am guessing the 1/2 inch line will give better flow and volume, i think the extra volume would make it easier for the lift pump to keep up the fuel supply.