• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turbo and injectors improve mileage!

The new HX turbo and 275 injectors look like they have improved my mileage by 2-3 mpg on my work run for the week. That will save me about $700 a year in fuel. Plus the added performance for towing. So it's not all about going fast. Next I'd like to do a Smarty.

• Like 2

The new HX turbo and 275 injectors look like they have improved my mileage by 2-3 mpg on my work run for the week. That will save me about $700 a year in fuel. Plus the added performance for towing. So it's not all about going fast. Next I'd like to do a Smarty.

So you just replaced the factory turbo w another?  Are those the RV 275's?

• Owner

Nice! Would I pick up and fuel economy by going with a 4" exhaust and Diamond Eye muffler?

Actually no. Because if you truly running for MPG's you boost should be below 5 PSI if so there is no flowing exhaust really (Back pressure). I'm still running 3" exhaust just straight piped and no issues at all with MPG's.

Actually you find slightly warmer intake air temps promote better MPGs more than anything. Between 100-140*F you'll get you better MPG than colder air will.

• Like 1