• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Generation...

JAG1

• Staff

As some of you know, I've been a general contractor for many years. Mostly working on country properties, farms, small ranches. It been really good contracting with good folks that understand the value of hard work.

Lately I notice a new up and coming generation looking for guys like me that run a small operation, especially when they notice a particular job I did or project that appeals to them.

I have one question.... What the hell is with all the rude attitudes?

I really don't trust situations/ contracting with people that are short, don't have the time of day. It's strange to me at least.

Comments appreciated....

Jag I'm sorry to say but the hospitality the baby boomers were raised on is fading away and fast. It's just the new generations not caring about me or you as they just want what they want and aren't concerned about what it takes you or myself to get them the best quality and services just as cheap as they can. Unfortunately it's not looking any better yet, the current generation isn't seeing any improvement. They're rude, snobbish, disrespectful, and just down right asinine. My generation know as the boomerang gen ended in 1985 so the ones born after that are what we as professionals are starting to deal with in our world. It's getting harder and harder to get the respect and appreciation for the services we can offer.

• Like 2

• Staff

Thanks Mulcher I couldn't quite put my finger on it but, you describe it exactly. One experience, went beyond anything we would normally call just plain rude. Beside the no time for you attitude, they lied and tried to manipulate. When I called out what was actually agreed the day before (pre contract), they acted as if nothing was wrong... all part of a game.

I bid them out of their own ball park and felt I hit a home run (Big smile)

Edited by JAG1