• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tight ball joints??

Ok got my truck back today from the shop. Complete front end. BD Adj Trackbar, all tierods, ball joints, stabilizer bracket. The steering is really tight. if you turn it it stays turned and honestly it takes a lot more effort to just turn the wheel then it did before it went in. Before it was so bad i could saw the wheel back and forth and it would make no change to the direction of the truck. So thats the story. the shop says drive it for a week and it might loosen up. The joints are Moog and i was told the drivers side is the really tight ones they actually broke 3 ball joint presses trying to get them out and finally had to cut one of them out.The question is... Is this something that happens? Is driving it going to hurt anything like the gear box? or pump? What do you guys think?

yep they did the alignment a couple of times. I supplied the tsb about the recommended specs. They are just tight. I got some things to do so I need it today but I think im going to drop it off later and tell them to fix it. Thanks. Curt

I'll see if I can find where I read about the adjustable Moogs. This fellow bought them and couldn't get the truck right. Went to the non-adjustable ones and problem solved. Because they're adjustable, means there is no base for them. You cannot get your other alignment parameters set then. Hang on, hopefully I can find it ............twas on another forum!!!!!!:nono::nono::nono:

Weed... They are not adjustable. I drove all around town today and I can say they have losened up a bit but still not good or I am just a little used to it. I drove by the shop and advised them to get the replacements coming. I am dropping it off monday. I am most worried if there is constant stress on the system which it feels like it could damage my p/s pump or perhaps my gearbox.