• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

OMG! Truck suddenly lurches to right

The steering is much tighter but after finding the rear axle walking around, hard to tell how much difference the track bar made.  There is still more looseness in the steering than I am happy with.  The good part is that it is upgraded & will not need to be done (aggain & again) in the future.  There's no more lurching!

• Staff

Flagmanruss, Do you already have the DSS? It made a big difference on my steering even though my truck only had 30,000 miles. It stops the steering box stress wear and stops the shaft play. It even stops the weakness in the steering box mounting that moves a wee bit as the frame is a little bit soft around there.

• Owner

It's a direct bolt on item.

But still have a hard time seeing why a stock truck would even need one. But if you installed oversized tires and do a lot of offroad use I would see a need for it rather quickly. But as for me I'm still running my 235's and no issues with my steering box or steering looseness. Go figure? :shrug:

• Staff

It's a direct bolt on item.

But still have a hard time seeing why a stock truck would even need one. But if you installed oversized tires and do a lot of offroad use I would see a need for it rather quickly. But as for me I'm still running my 235's and no issues with my steering box or steering looseness. Go figure? :shrug:

2nd gens are looser than 3rd gens and it was a huge difference on stock tires.

You would be simply amazed at what it does to an already "tight" front end.

My truck came with the 265s that are still on it...  barely legal now...  I'm seeing the pitman arm nut (lock washer retained) is removed & a extension nut/shaft put in it's place which engages the brace with it's bearing. 

Edited by flagmanruss