• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Borrowed old Explorer...

flagmanruss

I can't get the Dodge into the shop until I retrieve the wife from camp next Wednesday...  I have borrowed the inlaw's 'spare' Explorer.  I am thankful for the loan but man, I don't like this rig.  Besides it being a gas hog...  they claim 14 mpg...  It's a ***** for me to get my into with my bad legs.  It drives like a boat...  trying not to get seasick!  Probably all the shocks are gone.  But I need to get to camp & back a few days so I'll be keeping the Saudi's in business... 

I will be towing my bigger landscape trailer with my big scooter...  to haul my swivel cannon around camp. 

• 1 month later...

OK, thinking about the in-laws Explorer with the heater that won't shut off...  it has a small V8 (not sure) 

Lots of older vehicles had a heater control under the hood...  a simple twist valve.  Could the heater hose be cut & a ball valve installed to stop coolant flow to the heater in summer...  a cheap fix on a spare vehicle that they don't want to spend money on.  Does the engine/water pump require flow...  so 2 valves could be used to make a by pass or would one work to just block the flow?   

I have a ball valve in my parts bit that I would donate if it would work...