• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Forum Layout

• Owner

How bout having signatures and status available on mobile format? I seldom look from my desktop.

Oh... I knew this was going to bite me. This is going to be tricky for me being I don't have a smart phone to build from so I'll have to lean on you guys out there if I get it right.

I've been shopping for different site skins or layouts to see about get more custom feel. Also wanting to keep the skins light weight for mobile user and not soak up all your data for the month for a heavy coded skins.

My opinion, many mobile users do so out of convenience and both phones and service is reflecting this. I don't know of too many people using flip phones to get on internet. But there is a fine line between mobile and full site. Too much info and you might as well use the full site on your phone. But if we are using a smart phone and on mobile skin, we miss a lot of info about the person posting a question and his vehicle stats.

IDK about other people, but I seldom use data. I only justify using it if I'm in a bind on something and need something quick. Other then that, I use wifi networks to do everything else on the phone.

• Owner

Then I'm right on track then... I've got a real time ability to watch who is online through Google Analytics. It shows me if there is mobile device or tablet. Right now the average traffic is about 42% mobile, 49% desktop, 8% tablet. So I knew I was facing a change to mobile devices more so now that IPB shows up through Google where the older vB4 could unless you load Tapatalk which Google could even walk. So more and more people are finding the site through mobile searches.

So this will be my future summer work then is working on the mobile side and getting it caught up with the needs of the members.

• Owner

Good news. I did find a way of emulating Android devices now. So I can at least verify the code is close to right now.

http://fixedbyvonnie.com/2014/02/install-android-4-4-kitkat-windows-using-virtualbox/#.U4jgcnIu4d8

http://www.android-x86.org/download

Just load it up in VirtualBox since its Linux Based Software it should work flawless.

post-1-0-72212300-1401482165_thumb.png post-1-0-95431700-1401482173_thumb.png post-1-0-19299500-1401482179_thumb.png

• Owner

What about the real smart phone, iphone?

Sorry it's not a real smart phone when it doesn't have a real CPU like a Android. Android's run on normal PC styled CPUs and is a Linux based OS software. But since Iphone is using ARM CPU's

VirtualBox is a virtualizer, not an emulator. (The name kinda gives it away.) I.e. it can only virtualize a CPU that is actually there, not emulate one that isn't. In particular, VirtualBox can only virtualize x86 and AMD64 CPUs. iOS only runs on ARM CPUs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

My opinion, many mobile users do so out of convenience and both phones and service is reflecting this. I don't know of too many people using flip phones to get on internet. But there is a fine line between mobile and full site. Too much info and you might as well use the full site on your phone. But if we are using a smart phone and on mobile skin, we miss a lot of info about the person posting a question and his vehicle stats.

Done... It's a dirty hack but managed to get the signature added to the mobile side I need to add a horizontal bar separating the post from the signature. Gotta look a few script things to get it right. It seem that HTML5 is already being used by mobile browser and some of my old school knowledge is no longer working. Time to go back and study a bit more.  :rolleyes: