• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Newbie here, I was turned on to this site through cummins forum and thought this would be a good place to start. I have a 1999 2500 with an exhaust and pretty much stock elsewise she has 240,000 miles and a rebuilt automatic transmission with over over a 100,000 miles and it is now acting up again, cant say im suprised though. Im new here and to most other forums, because i usually just put my head down and try to work it out but now i am completly stumped, i dont know how much work is involed in converting it to a stick or if it would even be a good idea, I pull a 25 foot dump trailer daily so I dont even know if i want to go stick or stay with the auto, any sugestions would be sweet and much appreciated.

Thanks for the welcome gassernomore, I took the truck to a tranny shop that did the work on my scca car and they wer stumped, it is an intermiten problem it slips at highway speeds when its cold and your trying to pass and at 15 mph it wolnt stay in one gear it just keeps shifting between first and second gear it only does it usually when its unloaded or cold I changed the fluid filter and adjusted the bands but got nowhere. I wonder if the truck being computer controled is trying to learn a driving style but cant key in on the right one. I dont know anymore and I have kinda run out of ideas lol.

Ya that would be nice, my mistake for going to in depth in the introductions page, i'm pretty new to this whole thing but i'm learning more everytime I log on and by the way thanks for the great site I have a dodge repair manual for this truck but it doesnt even come close to the knowledge and help I have already found on your site thanks again.