• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok some I am replacing my quadzilla adrenaline programer with an Edge CTS and seems to be pretty easy till I got to the transmission oil temperature sensor its telling me on the instructions that to tap one of the  sides of the transmission do I really need to do this or just leave it off . The other thing that I remember is that my quadzilla had the same sensor and the instructions said to place it on top of the oil filter does any body have any thoughts on this matter ??

The vital things I like to see are boost, EGT's,  and trans temp. If you plan on towing I would recommend seeing your trans temp. If you have a well built trans or just a mildly modified trans the temp tells you if there could be a problem. As for hooking it up try this

http://m.dieselbombers.com/showthread.php?t=97528#PhotoSwipe1401811803620

I used the far left side test port. 

• Like 1

I always do a b&m trans drain plug and put it in the pan. The side of the trans is not very accurate. The hot line of the trans is the most accurate with the pan being 2nd most. This also will allow for cleaner transmission services since you can drain your pan

Quad gave you the option to use the sensor as a trans temp or oil temp (on top of the oil filter housing) that way the manual trans guys could use the sensor

• Like 1

I assume this is for the truck in your sig(the 5 spd) then you would need to drill and tap the drivers side PTO cover.  I did not do mine right away though.  I did it when I changed the trans oil.  I don't know how necessary it is in a manual, but it is nice have and I do have it set on my monitor most of the time. 

• Like 1

I assume this is for the truck in your sig(the 5 spd) then you would need to drill and tap the drivers side PTO cover.  I did not do mine right away though.  I did it when I changed the trans oil.  I don't know how necessary it is in a manual, but it is nice have and I do have it set on my monitor most of the time. 

Yes its a 5 speed and I guess that's what am going to end up doing just not now am going to wait a few, because am not planning in towing heavy stuff anytime soon . thanks for the response !