• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Raptor 100 changed pressure again

My raptor is about a year and a half old now. Seems like I only have to reset the pressure whenever it gets cold for the winter. Other than that it stays rock solid. I have developed another issue with it though. Whenever I hit any bumps going down the road, the pressure will drop about 5 psi for a second then come right back up. Doesn't matter if I am coasting, pulling a hill, turning right or left, nothing other than hitting a bump or dip in the road.

Anyone else have similar issues? Other than this the pressure stays real solid. This just started happening about a few months ago.

I think I am going to have someone sitting in the cab watching the gauge and I will crawl around underneath moving the lines and stuff around to see if I can recreate the pressure drop. Maybe something is coming loose somewhere....

Michael, I have an extra Frantz filter setup, would I be able to use it in this case? Between the tank & pump?

Dave

Problem I see is that the frantz is a bypass filter and not a primary. I'm not sure what kind of flow you'd get through it.

• Like 1

Problem I see is that the frantz is a bypass filter and not a primary. I'm not sure what kind of flow you'd get through it.

Mopar1973Man,

Seems to think it will be too restrictive so I'm going to leave it at that mostly because of the connections are very closed.

Dave

• Staff

My raptor is about a year and a half old now. Seems like I only have to reset the pressure whenever it gets cold for the winter. Other than that it stays rock solid. I have developed another issue with it though. Whenever I hit any bumps going down the road, the pressure will drop about 5 psi for a second then come right back up. Doesn't matter if I am coasting, pulling a hill, turning right or left, nothing other than hitting a bump or dip in the road.

Anyone else have similar issues? Other than this the pressure stays real solid. This just started happening about a few months ago.

I think I am going to have someone sitting in the cab watching the gauge and I will crawl around underneath moving the lines and stuff around to see if I can recreate the pressure drop. Maybe something is coming loose somewhere...

I call it 'fuel slam'  from no baffles inside the tank. It happens to me all the time on hard turns take offs and bumps.

It happens less on a full tank.

No.... I don't mean this kind of fuel slam either :cheers:

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2

I call it 'fuel slam'  from no baffles inside the tank. It happens to me all the time on hard turns take offs and bumps.

It happens less on a full tank.

No.... I don't mean this kind of fuel slam either :cheers:

This makes sense. I was just concerned because it only recently started doing this.

• 2 weeks later...

Now my gauge is past 17 & goes down to 16 while cruising, I dont get it!

How loud is a raptor supposed to be?

My raptor was very quiet until about 2-3k miles ago. Now it is even louder than my old fass was. Still holding pressure but it almost sounds like I lost a bearing out of it or something. Its starting to make me nervous. I am going to start looking into maybe getting a fass titanium or something like that. I would love a mechanical pump but the cost is a little more than I can go for.

A pre lift pump filter helps to keep the regulator and pump in good shape. I looked for the little screen to take it out but my Rapter 100 had none.

I installed a pre pump filter screen in the line between the tank and pump. A simple in line can filter from Vulcan performance.