• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Smarty S06 or JR. ?

• Staff

Based on what you are describing the Jr will do everything you need.

You appear to have a stock turbo, so you will be limited to SW2 on a Jr for towing. That's the same as SW3 on a S06.

The only real reason I would recommend the S06 over a SJR for you is if you ever wanted to run UDC custom tuning, the S06 allows adjustment of the rail pressure map where the SJR does not.

It's not that the S06 won't do well, but for what you are talking about using it for you will gain nothing.. in fact I think the TQ Management levels of the Jr are much better for those who do any towing.

SJR vs S06

SW1 = SW1

SW2 = SW3

SW3 = SW5

• Like 1

• Staff

Nothing is "wrong", that's just the power level it is limited to for any decent towing with the stock turbo to 40-70hp over stock depending on weight and elevation.

You will like the S06, and it's certainly not a worse choice... Just doesn't give you any benefit for the additional cost for towing.

I ran the Jr for many years and was always pleased with it, now I run a S06 because I made a custom tune with UDC and wanted to adjust the rail pressure map. I don't run any more power than I had with the Jr, in fact a few hp less.

I often find, across the board, that recommendations are made against the Jr by people that really have no knowledge of the Jr and what it does. Like I mentioned the bottom 3 SW's are the same on both, and that's about all the stock turbo can cool when hooked to a trailer... But many recommendations say S06 when it's not needed.

Timing levels and torque levels on the S06 are designed around big mods, and heavy fueling. The Jr is setup for fine tuning smoke, economy, and towing.

Oh well. So I've got more tuner than I need and It cost me 200 bucks more than I needed to spend. I guess in the worlds bigger picture that's not such a big deal.

I want to thank everyone for their input. I'm sure I'll be asking for more.

Edited by Diesel