• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Returned Home: Camping at Hot Springs

• Owner

Hey Gang....

MoparMom and I just got home last night. We ran away from home with the RV. Went down south to Emmett, ID for the first night. Pick up a few things and a new BBQ grill for the RV. Then head back up Hwy 55 and turned off at Banks, ID and went to Hot Springs campground. 

http://goo.gl/maps/9nFRG

Nice campground. Has water and vault toilets. Pull through spots for larger RV's or back in spots as well. There is a small hot spring on the other side of the highway but it a good hike down to it.

Solar Power Update

As for a good test run for the solar panels and inverter they worked awesome. I flipped on the TV in the hot part of the afternoon and started watching older DVD movies I brought along since there is no TV signal down there. Solar panels kept the batteries charged up to 12.8 volts to 13.2 volts most of the time while watching movies. Even charged up cellphone, cameras, and a laptop. I did figure out that my outlets of the RV are on there own circuit so I could do a bit of wire magic with a SPDT switch and make a transfer switch to power the RV outlet with the inverter and isolate the city power if forgotten which protect the inverter from city power back feed.

Water Update

We did extremely well with even water. But were getting close to running out of water. MoparMom suggest I go back into Crouch, ID and hit the hardware store and figure out a solution. I did! I've got a anti-freeze connection in the pump cabinet so I got me 3 feet of 1/2" ID vinyl tubing and a brass barbed connector to splice the two piece together. So now I've got a tube long enough to dip into my 5 gallon water jugs I keep as spares in the RV.

post-1-0-29766300-1402235737_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-95642100-1402235759_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like it was a good trip. Our TTs floorplans are almost identical. I have a table instead of booth and the microwave is above the stove.

Do you think the wall between the booth and couch is a load bearing wall? If so do you think the missing 2 spindles will compromise the strength?

Looks like it was a good trip. Our TTs floorplans are almost identical. I have a table instead of booth and the microwave is above the stove.

Do you think the wall between the booth and couch is a load bearing wall? If so do you think the missing 2 spindles will compromise the strength

Mine is the 5th wheel version and same layout as yours Diesel :thumb1:  I should be working on it right now but I slipped a disk in my lower back on Friday :doh:

• Owner

Sounds like a nice weekend.

We hit the Hot Springs at Hot Springs campground back in Feb. Did you go for a dip?

Actually we got to lazy too even hike over there and crawl down the trail. We did go over and look at it but with the weather in the low 90's it was just to hot to go sit in hot water. :doh:

Mine is the 5th wheel version and same layout as yours Diesel :thumb1:  I should be working on it right now but I slipped a disk in my lower back on Friday :doh:

I've been working on my roof the past 2 weekends. Have to replace some wood. I'm taking it slow. One reason is I don't know what I'm doing, the other reason is last weekend I hurt my hands and I have to keep taking breaks to rest them. I don't know what's wrong. I have no grip strength and they hurt. Have to keep taking Advil for them. The last reason is its 98 degrees out there and I have to keep cooling down. Whew. It's coming along though. I have a couple more support woods to shim up and I'll be ready to put on a new section of plywood.

Hope your back gets to feeling better.

Hmmm, maybe I should have started my own thread. LOL. Back to our regularly scheduled topic.

My wife and I decided to make a trip to the Black Hills of South Dakota. We were going to leave tomorrow, but a friend and his wife wants to run out there with us so we are going to leave home next Friday. I am looking forward to the trip and I think I am going to take two lane roads for almost the whole trip to see different scenery.

• Like 2

• Staff

Always nice to take the scenic route. We usually always try avoiding the main highways and go for the one, no one else in a hurry wants to use.

My wife just got back to Oregon from Nebraska and says pretty much everyone is doing 80 on the interstaes. Even towing boats in strong winds did not slow them down.

She says everyone that swerved into her lane was from Colorado. We think it's from smokin' that marijuana bill they passed.