• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Clean side of the filter question

Is the banjo bolt on the clean side of the filter (left side in the picture) holding the line to the VP44 the same size as the tapped banjo bolts geno's garage sells? I want to replace it with a tapped banjo bolt so that I have an access point to test my fuel pressure once my permanent gauge is installed. In other words, I'll be using the capped port on the clean side of the filter for my permanent gauge going into the cab, but want to be able to hook up my test gauge to test the accuracy of the Isspro I'm installing (mech) using the line out going to the VP with a tapped banjo bolt, but don't want to take that bolt out if it's not the same size. Thanks. Lastly, is this a good idea to do if the bolt sizes are the same, or is it best to leave that line alone?

Posted Image

While waiting for a big line kit, I just want to know if the bolt holding the out line to the VP is the same size as the tapped banjo bolt, i.e. already have the tapped banjo, plus 2 crush washers. As for the reply about test ports. The 99's test ports are on the filter housing canister, one on the dirty side, one on the clean. If there's another one on the VP I haven't found it yet, but there probably is, just need to look harder. thanks for the replies.

Edited by Lone Watie