• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Out run by a Ford...An SUV at that...

So went this week to a local Drag strip for "Amuetaur night" with a few other diesel driving friend's. Took my old Dually in my sig's. Before we got lined up they had everyone open there hood's and show what you've had done and all looked over all the truck's, car's, suv's that were there. I got lined up with a 2007-08 Ford Expedition 5.4 liter, 2wd, auto, all stock, 4 bald tire's, 4 different color paint different on each door. I drive a 4x4 modle expedition every sunday at my second job so i know exaclty what they can and can't do The one i drive has no power to pull even a little trailer we use, gets 7 mpg, it's a horror trying to get up to merge speed on the interstate and his is like new. So i said i got this one in the bag no worrie's..WRONG... So i did the whole Burnout (To a point i got 2 new tire's and 2 bald tire's in the rear that i need to replace lol) Stayed in 2wd, and did a normal take off no boosted launch stuff just there for fun not to blow something up. But I speed shifted(Not a good way to drive but i have done it enough to know how at this point) threw 1-3 had him by 4 car lenghts at 4th then it felt like i hit top end he blew by me half way down an was gone i had no chance from 4th-6th was to the floor from Go to Stop hit  top speed of 90 mph at 1050-1100 egt's, 13psi FP, 31pd Boost, and again to the floor what's the speed limiter on these 2nd gen's i know it's 120 on my 2001 360 1500 hit it many times at the track. But 90?? again i know 4x4hi would have helped with the tire spin at the start and a boosted launch would have as well but what might be my problem here i know she's got more to give then that. And i agree its a truck not a challenger had we put 15k on trailer's behind us i'd destroyed him. Of course a tuner and 75-100 stick's are in my near future should the money come up (Praying to win the lottery lol as if) or does that seem normal on a stock truck just curios also if this is not the right place to post this pls move it but since i'm asking about 2gen performance thought it was ok also i'd like to here about any one else who's ran there trucks down the strip to its a lot of fun..even if you don't win :) .....ok that's a lie losing suck's haha  thanks all  

Really 310hp i had no idea it was that much i would have felt 250 hp was a strech on that motor and agreed half the weight but, it was the 90 mph I felt was off would of thought it had more top end but then again its an inline diesel she's all bottom end and a torque monster. Now that you say that i feel alittle less like a loser it was fun no matter what and it proved the big hip lady needs to stick to her bread and butter of Towing my 40ft camper. Like to see his expedition do that up a 6% hill lol  haha

Until  AH   came up with the   hp ratings of the ford,  I was going to say  something about those  'multi colored, bald tired rigs'  that  always seem to   show up at the track;       Nitrous.         They'll    let you   get the  jump,   and  about  half track  they'll   push the button...  just enough  to  get around you...  sneaky buggers.

edit:   after  reading your op  again,   "blew by me  at the  top end".....  I'd  say that's  exactly  what  happened to you.  NO2.

1/4 mile or  1/8th?     what  was your  trap speed.. 

Edited by rancherman

Until  AH   came up with the   hp ratings of the ford,  I was going to say  something about those  'multi colored, bald tired rigs'  that  always seem to   show up at the track;       Nitrous.         They'll    let you   get the  jump,   and  about  half track  they'll   push the button...  just enough  to  get around you...  sneaky buggers.

edit:   after  reading your op  again,   "blew by me  at the  top end".....  I'd  say that's  exactly  what  happened to you.  NO2.

1/4 mile or  1/8th?     what  was your  trap speed.. 

There is a set up for nitrous that is called "Sneaky Pete". It is a small bottle that you can hide even behind a door panel that gets missed by most all tech inspections. I know of someone who had one.......

haha yeah i wish i had the money for a smarty or edge or even RV275's would be nice...but i'm broke for another year till i pay the truck, credit cards, and Hospital bills off.. lol But i might bring my old 2001 2500 V10 next time she can pull anything my Cummins can Stock vs Stock that is and will flat destroy most anything stock wise on the drag strip even with 35'in mudder's haha only difference between my Cummins and V10 Pulling heavy is the MPG Cummins 14-16mpg Towing normal  V10 5-10 mpg towing normal well thats "downhill in neutral with the wind at my back on a wet road at night with a semi pushing me" haha its not that bad but a lot of fun just wish it were a 5 or 6speed....

• 2 weeks later...