• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

sell juice with attitude?

I have been thinking of taking my juice with attitude cts off my truck and selling. Thought about going with an edge ez or smarty and a set of pillar guages. I know I will lose the pump tap but what other things would I be losing out on? Wouldnt bigger injectors make up for not having the pump tap? I am not after huge Hp. Just towing power and mpgs. I am happy tow on 2x3 and usually drove around on 3x5.

Edited by rseabur

Gauges are a must, one way or another, plus they're cool! I saw a bigger power gain and mileage increase from no programmer on my truck to EZ then from EZ to Comp. Mileage increase wasn't a huge jump from EZ to Comp, but it helps when your tailpipe is shooting out black stuff. Your transmission will like you better with the EZ if it's stock, but you can still slip the converter with EZ and injectors.

I run an Edge Comp on 5x3 and a Smarty on lvl4 both and I have 100hp injectors. It is a great combo for me and I still tow 10,000# a few times a month on these settings. Never have any EGT issues as long as i keep it out of overdrive. I have a set of gauges and a pillar that has trans temp, boost and EGT's in it as well as a mechanical fuel pressure gauge in the truck. I have run the edge by itself and the smarty both are very different systems the smarty does more on the bottom end and the edge does more on the top end. It really depends on where you want the power from. If you want more grunt power get a smarty if you want more top end power get an Comp.

Would not having the pump tap hurt anything if I went to the ez or smarty other than not being able to have big Hp? Would I lose some performance from the injectors? Not really sure what the tap does other than work the pump harder.

Yeah that's about all the pump tap does it re-works the map and doesn't play by the rules of the stock tuning. Injectors do the same thing but only because they are mechanical. The Smarty will give you more grunt power off the bottom and help with towing. I have run the Smarty on level 9 for towing and the edge on 5x5 there is a definite difference in how the power gets to the ground between them. 

• 2 weeks later...