• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I should clarify.... My LED's went on a flatbed on my older truck. Now I'm wondering if they are lifetime or they were the cheap ones. I paid about $125 for all the way around (including side markers) but are burning up.

A very common issue with LEDs is that people buy non voltage regulated LEDs and experience dissatisfaction with the life of their units.  Supply voltage variation causes the current draw from the LEDs to rise and fall and this will kill LEDs prematurly.  In my opinion the better LEDs (suitable for 12v electrical systems) can handle voltage variation of from 5-30v without compromising the quality of light or the life of the LED.  But this regulation doesn't come free as is manifested in a higher priced LED.

Often times we just shop by price but from sad experience I have had to repurchase LEDs many times until I realized what was going on and started buying regulated ones and my short life problems went away.

I am running voltage regulated LEDs and have not had to replace a single one in the last 4 years that I started using them.

Not saying that is your specific problem but it is one thing you might check out.

• Like 1

How do you know that the LEDs are voltage regulated?   Does this only apply to replacement lamps or are DOT approved units voltage regulated?  Or are the sellers just guessing you'll not use the trailers enough to have the lights fail or won't bother to return if they do?    

How do you know that the LEDs are voltage regulated?   Does this only apply to replacement lamps or are DOT approved units voltage regulated?  Or are the sellers just guessing you'll not use the trailers enough to have the lights fail or won't bother to return if they do?    

It has been my experience that if they are not voltage regulated then the vendor doesn't advertise that and they post voltage requirement as simply 12v.

Vendors that offer voltage regulated lamps will post voltage requirements as 5-30v, or 7-14v etc., or some will simply post it it the technical info section as specific feature for their lamps.

You can buy cheaper LEDs on ebay but they will not last.  Look for the voltage regulation feature.