• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Boost Elbow Question

Ok im back with some drive results... cruising at 65 my egts according to edge jwa was 700 ish if i got on it they jumped to 1050ish but then dropped right back down as soon as I let off it. When i got to a red light they would drop down into the 450 range depending on how long I was sitting.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok im back with some drive results... cruising at 65 my egts according to edge jwa was 700 ish if i got on it they jumped to 1050ish but then dropped right back down as soon as I let off it. When i got to a red light they would drop down into the 450 range depending on how long I was sitting.

With the 35's your EGT's sound about right to me. When I cruise at 70 my EGT's run about 650 but getting on the freeway they can get up to about 900-1000. I also have a manual vs. the auto tranny with might make the difference though. I think if you had a boost leak you would be seeing more smoke and higher EGT's.

I built a boost leak tester and pressurized the system to 20psi. All boots swole up like crazy I sprayed everything with soupy water including entire engine and all boots and hoses (needed a cleaning anyway) and all intercooler boots checked out fine no bubbles any where surprising since they are all oe original.The only place I had a leak small was at one of the bolt holes on the oe intake horn (front engine side bolt where edge jwa is grounded to. Any suggestions to fix it? I'm thinking just a washer to seal it off being the ground cable has bolt held up higher, definitely is tight tho.