• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2001 auto, 18# boost

This turbo is weird. There is a steel tube between turbo compressor and the gate actuator. I have studied the turnbuckle fix and the J-Hook from bullydog that adds spring tension to the gate. Are there any more options? Will more boost help me at stock without investing in a tuner to add more fuel? I know I will need at least a boost fooler.

The HX has a bigger exhaust housing. It is either a 12 or 14cm where the HY has a 9cm housing. The hx was 98.5-02 on the manuals and 01-02 autos were the HY35. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

• Like 1

Correct.

With no or little mods, the HY will spool quicker. As I said, I have the Adrenaline on mine & can run pretty clean with the HY turnbuckled.

$2.00-$4.00 for the turnbuckle & $30 or so for a boost fooler, or get a tuner that does boost fooling.

Ed