• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hit a deer @ 60 mph

Still use heat!      using   1-1.25 inch   bar  is  going to take  some  horsepower to bend!

get it plenty hot,  and  bend  slowly...  otherwise  it'll   pull apart  (crack)  on the  outside  radii.     Might want to practice  on  some first to get your technique   down pat.

I would try to  get the inside  radii  a little hotter than the outside radii.   It won't  stretch crack   quite  as  easily.   

I've  only done the freehand method  for bending iron....   you may  have really good luck  with  your bender!

Edited by rancherman

Will a propane torch apply enough heat? I'm not set up with a big gas torch. I've been told that tubing can be bet if you mark 1" and bend a little at each mark. I also like the larger tubing looks. Like 1.5" or so. I do know a professional welder who may be able to help with bending.

Edited by joecool911

With propane alone,    I've  used  a  500k  btu  weed burner   and    got by  with  some  iron work,  but  it  heats  such a large area,  that  making  precise  bends  'exactly where you want it to bend'   gets  dicey.   It takes  a lot of fuel,  and  time  just to get  a  soft red  going...  you'll be deaf afterwards too~    too late for me  ;D

I'll  use  my rosebud  tip and   acetylene  Ox    for more pin point  heating..

without  buying a  bunch of  equip,   talk to your  welder dude about   fabbing up  some.  

1.66  diameter pipe   makes  a nice  sized   look.  (1.5 inside diameter,  .08 wall)     1.5 solid bar or larger  is  gonna be pricey too,   around  10 bucks a foot or more      1.5 solid bar  weighs  6 lbs. per foot.

yep,  you can  bend-in-segments,  but  it  really  works  well in larger  radii  situations..  10-12 inch radii  or more.    Our   grill guards  are  tighter  bends  than  would  work  nice  with that style of  bending.    I'm  talking  3 or 4  inch  radii here.