• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Death wobble

I can't find the problem. Replaced all but one tie rod end and that one has zero play. I have a wee bit of play in my track bar. But less than when I replaced it and I never had a death wobble then. I hooked a pry bar in the left wheel and pulled on it. I was amazed at the flex in the tie rods. Could that be the problem? Or incorrect toe in after replacing the tie rod ends?

Someone recently mentioned that about all that can be done with an alignment on these trucks is adjusting the toe. If that's the case couldn't I just do that myself by measuring across the front and rear of the steering tires? I'll check out the sway bar bushings.

Someone recently mentioned that about all that can be done with an alignment on these trucks is adjusting the toe. If that's the case couldn't I just do that myself by measuring across the front and rear of the steering tires? I'll check out the sway bar bushings.

You can also set the caster (adjust the control arms) and set the camber if really needed with off set ball joints.

I used to have a 94 dodge that got the death wobble and everything checked out tight on it so I replaced the steering stabilizer and never had anymore problems with death wobble after that. But like Seth said what works on one truck for death wobble may not work on the next.

No this is not just a 4x4 issue!!!

I have a 2wd and deathwobble! It got much better after a guy at a shop did a great alignment.

Now I can let go of the wheel and the truck will maintain track.

I often find that the guy doing the alignment is a huge aspect.

My ball joints need replaced and the steering gear and frame flex need to be addressed.

When you get an alignment tell them NOT to compensate for the road!!!

I have had guys do this on other cars and mess up the alignment creating an unstable steering issue with all good parts!!!

Edited by eddielee