• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Crankcase Vent on 1998.5 Cummins

I have been looking for the Crankcase Vent on my 98.5  24 Valve Cummins. I can not find it so I looked in the Haynes Dodge Repair Manuel. On page 2B-8 photo 9.3a it shows a 1994 thru 1998.  On page 2B-9  photo 9.3d it shows a photo of the 2000 model. No where does it show or refer to a 1998.5 or 1999 Crankcase Vent. The oil filler cap on the valve cover does not appear to be vented, there must be a Crankcase Vent some where on this Cummins. Any one know?

• Owner

As far as I knew they all came with at least a hose some with a slobber bottle.

If it comes out the tappet cover and the gear case is a rubber plug you have the modified version.

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/29-tsb-technical-service-bulletins/44-tsb-09-002-02-oil-overflow-from-the-front-crankcase-breather

As far as I knew they all came with at least a hose some with a slobber bottle.

If it comes out the tappet cover and the gear case is a rubber plug you have the modified version.

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/29-tsb-technical-service-bulletins/44-tsb-09-002-02-oil-overflow-from-the-front-crankcase-breather

So that means all those parts listed (VP, ECM, etc) have been removed before... Interesting.

There's a Chrysler sticker underneath the hood on our rig, and it's dated Feb. 1999, and it just says, "reflashed ECM." The truck was exactly a year old in Feb. '99.