• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ultra Gauge

Diesel

• Owner

The SGII should have the option to change the units.

It's weird for sure, but it's a SGII issue and not a 24V option... Or none of the other readers would work.

I bet if you call SGII they would have an answer for you, and probably a free software upgrade.

Sad to say I've got a true first line SGII. Software version 1.00 there has been lots of updates. Free updates only if I can provide a receipt, but mine is long gone.

• Like 1

• Staff
There has always been a fee, but I am telling you I have called twice and gotten free updates. I asked about software glitches and they upgraded me. If you tell them about your MAP sensor issue, 15.1 psia engine off, I bet they upgrade for free.

In my experience the fee is for people that want the upgrade, and it's fee for glitches.

• 3 months later...

Can you read requested rail pressure? Or does it only read sensors? I just picked up a 06 megacab and I am thinking about the gauge for tracking my mileage

The Scanguage II can read rail pressure.  I've got an 06 Megacab also I just bought, and with the xguage function, you can read rail pressure with it.

I know this is an old thread, but figured I'd post in cases anyone was still wondering.

Way back  in this thread,   PSIa  and  PSIg  were  discussed..        

The  differences  in the  2  are  the value of  the  'atm'  or  atmosphere.             

PSIg  is    the  value of  pressure    ' through a gauge'    and  this  'gauge '  measures  the  difference  of  pressure  on  the  inside of a  vessel and  the  outside of  the  pressure gauge.  (or  atmosphere)  This 'atmosphere' can be anywhere....  standing on the moon,  or   Death valley.     
a  vessel  with   lets  say   'x'  pressure  will  read   very low  when  exposed  in  death valley,   and  really  high  on the moon,  when  measured though a  gauge.

PSIa  is  the  value of pressure   of  the  measured  vessel,  PLUS  the  atmosphere.            This is another way of  saying   'measured pressure above   space vacuum'.      Since  'space vacuum'  isn't  absolute,     this  is  our   'standard'.

1 atm is approximately 14.7 psi, so we use the value to convert the PSIG to PSIA or vice versa, or we use the actual atmosphere value measurement for your place if you have it.
Atmospheric pressure at sea level is 14.7 PSIA = 0 PSIG

Mike,  is  this  where the  differences  are coming from;   or  the  'skewing'  you refer to?  

Edited by Mopar1973Man
Fixed the subscript setting.