• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My test gauge readings

I hooked up the geno's vulcan fuel pressure gauge this afternoon, and am getting 14.5 - 15 psi at idle, with a drop during normal acceleration to around 12-13 psi, and steady state psi at 45 mph (haven't been out on the highway yet) of around 14 psi. Are these numbers good/about what others are seeing with stock setup?Thanks.I'm still waiting on my fuel line for my isspro gauge, and was bored today, so installed the tapped banjo into the outlet port on the filter, connected the vulcan test gauge, zip tied open the needle valve so it wouldn't turn, leaving my test port on the filter for my permanent gauge. Still haven't ordered the big line kit for filter to VP.

Thanks, I looked at that, and am coming to conclusion that fuel pressure will be more a factor of accelerator pedal position vs. speed, as when steady state is achieved it seems pressure builds back up. Am I on the right track with this. Finally, I have something I can do on my hour drive to work, monitor my fuel pressure. I got tired of my music mix on my ipod, and open container laws prohibit me from having a beer.

Yeah your on the right track, accelerating uses a lot of fuel so it sucks down the pressure.. I think you'll get bored watching a 2psi difference all day :lol:

Fortunately, have other things to do on the way to work as well along I-40, such as running the California and NM drivers off the road when they don't get out of the passing lane (kidding).

I just turn the radio up, turn the heat up, act like a summer day, I enjoy it so much I lengthened the time spent doing it by driving the 90 mile drive back to college at 50mph on a 4 lane :lol: Amazing going up a hill and watching the EGT's climb....to 600f haha

Got a big line kit (FF to VP, orderd the 3/8 as I'm all stock for now) ordered from vulcan today. +1 for vulcan, ordered it and within an hour was already shipped. I'll keep you all posted on my readings once I get it installed. I'm taking the fuel mods slowly as haven't made mind up yet which route to go with. Right now, I'm leaning heavily toward the OEM relocation kit fro geno's to at least make it easier to change if'n it does take a dump on me. Also, monitored my idle pressure today - In Flagstaff at 7700 feet: 15 psi. Where I work in Winslow at 5500 feet, one hour later, almost 16 PSI. Is this the result of altitude change, or having driven an hour to work and truck nice and warmed up. My readings for my ride to work steady state between 65-80 mph were 13.8 to 12.9 psi.

Most likely the difference in Psi is from the fuel getting warmed from it getting dumped back into the tank. As cold as it is Flagstaff the fuel is thicker there. Mine gains 1 psi usually after the truck warms up. Side note: You must be working at the prison in Winslow. Not too much else there as I remember!