• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I Ain't Happy

• Staff

It' very sad that we have people that can take your money, knowingly cheating on their work, and have the lack of moral character to offer half of what their negligence cost you.

That pisses me off. I sure would spread the word like wildfire about this guys tactics.

I spoke with my credit card company and have a recourse for recouping some finances. I really can't go iinto detail, but I am going to be covered for his share.

• Like 2

Yea, he was the one that wanted to put a STOCK Jasper in. His reasoning was "Then you have a warranty". I explained to him about 6 times that I can remember that a stock build will not hold up in my truck, but he still brought it up again yesterday...TWICE. He also said "If you ship me the tranny I will repair it". I thought to myself you f**ked it up once and you want me to let you di it again??? Absolutely not. All I am waiting on is the converter work to be done. Goerends said once they get the converter they try to have it out the door within three days. So that means if I am lucky I will get it back by next Thursday.......

• Like 1

It' very sad that we have people that can take your money, knowingly cheating on their work, and have the lack of moral character to offer half of what their negligence cost you.

That pisses me off. I sure would spread the word like wildfire about this guys tactics.

I actually thought about this yesterday when I got some overcooked food that is already way overpriced.  I was like, how can they give me this crap when the usual is soooo good.  I know you don't want to throw away edible food but this crap is ridiculously priced so it was ridiculous to get what I received.  

But, even if something is cheap doesn't mean it should quickly fail.  If I buy a cheap Blu-ray player, I still expect blu ray quality and at least a year of it working.  If I paid extra, I would want 5 year minimum and some extra bells and whistles.  

1300 miles is ridiculous at any cost.  Might as well have super glued it all together and charged you $50. 

• Staff

Yes, and then there is some companies that say, ''well bring it in, we'll cover it under warrantee''. So nice they are...... but in the process you discovered their  workmanship is not so good. So why would you want to bring it back for some more of their work?

Good places to eat are hard to find. Cook finally one day says to himself, ''why do I want this being so busey/ popular and always work myself to death''...... so he starts to not care and in the process looses customers and now does not have work as hard. This has seemingly happened to two great restaraunts we were going to.

Edited by JAG1

I spoke with the trans shop. They had the trans ready to go last Thursday. The torque converter was shipped back to Goerends Transmission and they have had it since Monday and just started on it yesterday..... I WANT MY TRUCK BACK!!!!

I am STILL waiting on the converter......... THREE WEEKS my truck has been down this time. I am really dissapointed with Goerends. Their customer service seems to have gone down hill a bit.

Have they at least been in touch with you as to where they stand with your convertor?

Nope. Not one word from them. I kind of expected that since the shop I am dealing with has handled everything. I did find out htat it shipped today, so I am guessing Thursday I should be able to pick up my tranny.

JR, have you discussed this with Dean?

I have not had the chance to stop by and see Dean. Been busy with work and any free time I've had in the evening I've been trying to make some head way on the transmission on the TDI. Also had to make an unexpected trip to New Jersey to pick up a disabled vehicle. As soon as things get slowed down a little I will get up to see him, I've been needing to talk to him anyway.

BACK ON THE ROAD!!!! Finally...... I just got done with the first test drive about an hour ago and it sure felt GREAT!! The bad thing is this time it was 39 cents shy of $1200 to fix it again. Now to see how the original shop handles things........

Good to hear Tom. Hopefully she holds together a little longer this time...

Wish I could say the same about my trans (in the TDI). I think I have sourced some good used gears out of a junkyard transmission, the guy is going to let me pop the case and have a look before I pay him for it. It's been sitting under cover for several years but he doesn't know the history on it. I just have to get over to PA one night BEFORE they close.

If I have to buy new gears (through VW only) I may as well just buy another transmission. Those suckers are expensive.