• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I Ain't Happy

• Staff

I was told Monday that my card will be refunded some money, but so far it has not been posted to my account. Hopefully soon.

This guys bad deal all around IMHO, he should be jumpin all over it to get it resolved. Here it's Friday now and no credit yet.....He's just damaging his reputation further by delaying.

This guys bad deal all around IMHO, he should be jumpin all over it to get it resolved. Here it's Friday now and no credit yet.....He's just damaging his reputation further by delaying.

I just checked and the credit has been posted. Stick a fork in it and call it done.

Not sure if you want to do this, since it's finally done and over.

If there wasn't an agreement, mention the shop name, city and state so others might consider this if in that area ?

I noticed on another site, on a nissan forum of all things, they had a section strictly for members rating of service companies and dealerships. You could rate them high to low and put in comments.

Might consider this for the site ?

• Like 1

• Staff

Not sure if you want to do this, since it's finally done and over.

If there wasn't an agreement, mention the shop name, city and state so others might consider this if in that area ?

I noticed on another site, on a nissan forum of all things, they had a section strictly for members rating of service companies and dealerships. You could rate them high to low and put in comments.

Might consider this for the site ?

I second that; Let us know who or what shop it was.

I think it would be a good idea too. The only thing I would be concerned about is it being used to bash on shops/businesses. There would definitely have to be good and bad thoughts going on.

That is my concern too.

• Like 1

I think it would be a good idea too. The only thing I would be concerned about is it being used to bash on shops/businesses. There would definitely have to be good and bad thoughts going on.

That is my concern too.

Read through this area of the Nissan forum, seems to stay fairly level headed just as much good news as bad.

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/5-your-experience/

How much did he end up refunding you?

1/2 of the second repair cost. I feel it should have been more, but in order to file papers in court I would need to drive 2,000 miles, wait for court, then see if a judge agrees with me or not so it was an agreeable settlement for both of us.

• Owner

OK, Boss, what are your thoughts on this?

That is my concern too.

kinda like an  Angies list?

Sound like a great idea. But on the forum it would be rather difficult to make it searchable and fine rating you want. More or less could use the thread rating for each one.

As for the bashing I had a problem years ago about a trans company that was getting bashed here by a member. The big problem is the URL for the page bashing this company show up BEFORE the company link on Yahoo. No kidding. So any one doing a search for this company found my link to the bashing page before the actual company page. So I got a phone call from the owner asking to remove the search enter which I did it took about 7-9 days for Yahoo.com to clear that URL from the search engine. As for the original post I has to edit the company name so it wouldn't be picked back up.

if  you included a  comments  section  under the rating   would  the  comments  (good or  bad)   show in  google?   

I know  that   screw ups  happen,   ranging  from  simple things to total puke outs,  some  can be blamed on  the shop, some  can  be blamed on the owner.  

And  like we've all seen  in forums,   anything  'typed'  is  really hard to  distinguish true  hatred-sarcasm-joking around..    simple  5 star system  with   optional  comments  to explain a 1 star rating  might be good?

oh,  on a  unrelated note..   some  forums   I've been in  show    some  threads  with   5-600  pages  of   posts.    Come on!     sure,   I'm   positive  there are  some  good  things  to find  in that.   IF YOU HAVE  SEVERAL HOURS/DAYS   to  waste.   Seem  to  me   these are the  exact same forums  that  flame the snot out a  newbie  for not  searching..    Too many  of  these   align   hundreds of  pages  of   'info'  as  the  ultimate bible/expert.     

I've  wondered  why  instead of  answering  a  question to a post    with  " geez dude,  you should've searched this first"    they could've    just  as  quick   given a  link.

Would it make  sense  to   take a forum  with  "tmi"    and    whatever is  not a  'sticky'...  flush  the  whole   site, and  start  fresh?     

Me,   I  want to  take information,  put it to use,  and get on with  my  life.   NOT   spending   hours  looking  at  the  myriad  of  possible ways  to  prevent  air from entering a fuel line!  (my jeep)  

Things evolve,   which may include  certain repairs, or  even diagnoses.     Parts  become  obsolete,  and  different  methods  of  repair  can   come along  after 10 years.     Maybe someone  came up with a  better mousetrap  recently!