• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

need some thoughts on smarty.

Killer223

yes the LP works. i can hear it run when i cycle the key. it's in tank. but it is very quiet. i'll try n find the way to measure it tonight and maybe tomorrow after it stops raining i can get a flow measurement. i went to the cat 2um filter a few months ago 7800 miles, maybe i should go back to the FS1000.

i wonder if my altitude 7000 ft, has an effect.

i found http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538

maybe i'm reading it wrong.

and my oil capacity is different. mine uses 12.5 qt.

i think there is a lot of misinformation around the interwebs. 

http://www.ehow.com/list_7608242_oil-specifications-dodge-ram-cummins.html

once switching to syn you cant go back to dyno? BS.

Edited by Killer223

• Staff

At what temp? Unless you have just been towing half-way is proper for 140-180° coolant temp. The cross hatch is 2qts long.

You may  prefer 12.5, but it's a 12qt system.

Maybe it's what it's supposed to be and just different than the older truck? I know the CR's are less aggressive than the 12V's, and not sure on 24V's. Smoother doesn't always mean less power.

Hey, sorry I missed this till now. Been busy. Somethin definitely isn't right. Have mine on 5 and when I put my foot into it I am makin all kinds of ruckus.

Might want to go to Brian's forum and get some answers. You should be blowing smoke and spinning tires.

Posted · Hidden by MnTom, August 30, 2014 - double post
Hidden by MnTom, August 30, 2014 - double post

Thanks mopar, wouldn't I be making oil if tubes are loose? I'm at 196k valve lash was gonna happen at 200k guess early won't hurt.

Thanks again.